hehe I agree but there's quite a bit of traffic on Lake Ontario just so you know ; - ) ... just nothing you can see from these condos (i.e. outside the harbour).

Also, the harbour it self is generally very busy in the summer, much more busy then a typical ocean view would ever be ... but of course smaller boats.

I find people who like the ocean really like the sound as well; Also something you do not get from a lake view !

I know. The inner harbour is actually very busy in the summer. I had a view of it (albeit with binoculars) and was often fascinated with the sailing regattas on windy days. But that is few and far between. And what happens in winter.... Nothing! While the city keeps on going 24/7 - 365. Much more to watch.

shhhh! you need to keep the city view condos cheaper! if people realize that a city view is better than a lake view, we will lose our price advantage when buying condos!

Ooops! My bad. You're right. We'll keep it out little secret.

:cool:

yes, the views from ICE are quite impressive. and ya, i'd take a city view any day over a lake view. Sadly, most of the residents in the lower floors will have these views shut out when the office development to the north rises (as well as 10 York, etc...)

But the uppermost floors of the tallest ICE tower has a futureproof 360 degree view :)

Nice day for a walk!

WP_20130309_002.jpg

WP_20130309_004.jpg

Attachments

• WP_20130309_002.jpg
    WP_20130309_002.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 646
  • WP_20130309_004.jpg
    WP_20130309_004.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 639
Screw the view of the lake... That's what I'm talkin' about!

Too much is made of lake views. Have you viewed our lake? B O R I N G!

An ocean view can be beautiful because of the surf, and busy sailing/shipping traffic. Lake Ontario is boring from 200 meters up. The odd sailboat and a once-a-day laker going by could never hold my interest as much as the dynamic city view above.

Opinions are what these construction threads seem to thrive so I have one. In my opinion, the lake is a long way from boring. I have looked forward to seeing it from work every workday for years from many locations. I know my opinion won't impact the price of anything but the real difference is night and day. In the dark the city view rules but in the daylight the lake can be stunningly beautiful at times, a lot of the time even. In this case I feel qualified to offer an opinion so there it is.

This picture is from Friday afternoon.

IMG_7316_tm.jpg

Yes, I acknowledge photo enhancements but still...

IMG_5780crop_tm.jpg

It’s just an opinion and a picture though gang so take it easy on me.

I have the best of both worlds, south unobstructed city views and lake views as far as the eye can see, both of which I love. I'd take a city view by an edge, but don't underestimate the enjoyment of a lake view. I now have considerably reduced south & south-west lake views since I moved in here just eight years ago because of all the south downtown development.

It’s just an opinion and a picture though gang so take it easy on me.

If someone were to disagree vehemently, remember, that's just their opinion too of course! Nothing wrong with people having different opinions, and nothing to take personally.

(They'd have to have a screw loose though: the lake view is often stunning! Cheers!)

Beautiful pictures and nice angles sMT. Here is my attempt to capture iCE from the parking garage across the Gardiner ...

8546568313_87299da19d_h.jpg

Wow, by far the most imposing picture of Ice I've seen yet. I don't even want to think about the second tower.

Back