Nope, the benefits of submerging it (à la The Big Dig) far outweigh any value in skyscraper rubbernecking. However, just razing it and replacing it with a surface road or boulevard is a harebrained idea in my view. All that heavy, fast-moving traffic (from the QEW to the west and the DVP to the north) will be dumped onto a street with traffic lights and pedestrians and other urban obstructions. Dumb.

+1

It'd have to be a pretty damn deep tunnell to get under all of the stuff that lies beneath our streets.

Do you like my view? I do. Unfortunatelly I won't be able to enjoy it for long. :mad: The south tower will block my view to CN Tower.

opppsss, it didn't atach itself properlly the first time

Attachments

• DSC05456.jpg
    DSC05456.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 383
nice view from Harbour Square Zeiss .. I think your view of the CN Tower will be just fine, in your photo ICE tower 1 will be built between you and Infinity's courtyard ... besides, ICE isn't tall enough to supercede CN Tower anyhow~

Cheers

Last edited:
Yes, I admit that I live at 33 Harbour square / I know that most of you guys hate the building/ ... ;)

Attachments

• 54943944.jpg
    54943944.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 272
apparently I am still sleeping, sorry.
according to the drawing, the south tower will be in the corner of the lot... and I went to the parking lot with measurment tape, had the distance measured from both sides, parked my SUV and went back home to see the result... wish they give up on the office building and move the whole thing a bit north.

Yes, I admit that I live at 33 Harbour square / I know that most of you guys hate the building/ ... ;)

True, but we don't dislike people who live there ;). Besides, most of the suites at Harbour Square are 10 times better than anything at Ice.

I find it interesting that you did that measuring and parked your SUV at the corner then went home to scope it out. That's something I would do!

awesome view Zeiss! I have nothing against the Harbour Square buildings. Great examples from their era and I give them bonus marks for the zig zag floorplate (not even close to a box!) Hope you'll be posting more photos in the future.

No shame in living at Harbour Square. I think it's a classy building that was cutting edge design for it's time. I was inside looking at a couple of units for sale last year. It certainly has been maintained nicely over the last couple of decades.
Oh, KILLER view by the way. Night view must be spectaular.
I'm surprised you think you will lose your CN Tower view. From what I can tell from your photo, the parking lot is well to the right of the tower. That parking lot is for the two ICE towers isn't it?

Instead of drawing imaginary line I found this picture. In it the shadow is exactly on my windows, if you follow it back on the ground to the parking lot and compare to the rendering on the second picture you will understand my concern.

Attachments

• CNTOWERshadow.jpg
    CNTOWERshadow.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 375
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 308
Your post now opens a thread called 'CN Tower Sunsets' in the City Photos forum: it had nothing to do with Ãce.

Hmm. From your pic of the two towers I see now that that they are building right smack at the very southern portion of that lot.
Suggestion:
Before I bought my unit I used a great internet tool that help confirm my view and placate my personal concerns with possible future structures going up (ie. L Tower).
Go to Google Earth and draw in an imaginary line from your place to the centre of the CN Tower base. You wil find it very accurate and easy to do.
If that line crosses over where the buildings are going,..well you will know for sure. I'm betting you will be ok.;)

Tower 2 occupancy is slated for June 2014 as per todays VIP event, by the way it was a jammed house today, my guess is 50 percent sold in one day. I got there at noon left at 10:15pm. The pre construction market is alive and kicking folks :D

Back