LOL at myself! :) Note to Jackhammer...next time make sure you read back to the original post before commenting. :eek:

For all your precise corrections, you still seemed to have missed one:

For all intents and purposes (not intensive purposes.)

And he was also making fun of people that say: "Doing a 360". The proper expression is "Doing a 180".

:D

Last edited:
I was just reading this article:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/real...1-part-condos-try-to-mix-well/article1443901/

And it says:

"Toronto has allowed projects that mix residential - no more than 50 per cent - and non-residential in an area south of Union Station where development had been sluggish."

Does anyone know if this applies to Ice? If so, wouldn't they have to build the office building at the same time for the project to be 50% residential?

I was just reading this article:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/real...1-part-condos-try-to-mix-well/article1443901/

And it says:

"Toronto has allowed projects that mix residential - no more than 50 per cent - and non-residential in an area south of Union Station where development had been sluggish."

Does anyone know if this applies to Ice? If so, wouldn't they have to build the office building at the same time for the project to be 50% residential?

interesting point ... i don't think they are being built at the same time.
even if they were, the office complex is alot shorter than either of the 2 condo towers so it's no where near 50% ... maybe 35% ?

The office complex is 841,000 sf, at 32 stories. Its a lot "fatter" than the residential towers. I'm not sure if its 50% though.

From the planning report:

The proposed residential floor area would be 82,782 square metres which is 51.5% of the
total gross floor area.

It wouldn't apply to ICE if ICE was approved before the plan went into effect.

The article says it applies to MLS, and I assume that MLS was approved before ICE.

But who knows - I don't know much more than what this article says. I guess we'll find out when the condos get built.

On a side note, does anybody know if Ice1 or Ice2 have balconies? (I asked an agent by e-mail, and got no reply.)

On a side note, does anybody know if Ice1 or Ice2 have balconies? (I asked an agent by e-mail, and got no reply.)

Yes, the floor plans showed terraces. They switch sides of the building halfway up... So that the north/south units have balconies for the first half then the East/West units and vice versa for the other tower.

4038750968_7090f02af4_b.jpg

(This was posted on page 73 of this thread by Big Daddy)

Last edited:

Back