Really a month? I have been away but I thought the second tower was still being sold, has it reached that critical 70% already as well?

I don't know specifics; it was phrased as generically as "it will start within a month." This doesn't come from the developer's side, though.

I dunno, he contributed 'info and important information' today, didn't he? I don't think he is boasting, although maybe he is a bit commercially oriented....

/lotsa room for plenty of Mikes here..

haha there is a vibe there though that im sure many either find annoying, or like me, amusing... anyone with THREE $'s in their name has to be doing something right!

^ His post echoes almost exactly the info which I heard from another source. Ice has been a huge sales success story, even during the otherwise slow market a year ago. I would think that both towers would be built together.

I agree both towers would be built at the same time. The office tower will not be built and will probably be awhile before it rises above the ground. I expect the whole site to be excavated and underground parking levels built nonetheless. I wonder how they will treat the above ground portion of the site where the office tower will go in the interim. Will the podium be constructed over the whole site or just where the condo towers are? If the podium is not built where the office tower is going, will there be surface parking, landscaped courtyard, or fenced off? It could be a few years after the condos are built before the office tower is.

This ain't your typical condo development team but, I still don't think they will excavate and cap the site of the office building. It's a huge upfront cost for a building that may not get built for 10 years and restricts any design changes over that time.

This ain't your typical condo development team but, I still don't think they will excavate and cap the site of the office building. It's a huge upfront cost for a building that may not get built for 10 years and restricts any design changes over that time.

However, if connection to the PATH system for the residential portion of the complex is integral with the office component, they may do just that.

I don't know what wiil happen but, I'm quite confident that if they do proceed with excavating the entire site it won't be because of a PATH connection to the residences. It will only be if the additional parking/retail revenue in tandem with the construction costs and facility maintenance instead of a low cost surface parking lot makes sense on paper. I somewhat doubt this otherwise we'd see many more projects go this direction.

The PATH connection is further south anyway. You can see where it's going to be if you look at MLS across the street. The knockout panels are directly under the big framed windows, just north of where the office building starts and the hotel ends.

And there won't be a N/S PATH connection because of the streetcar tunnel. Same reason why MLS needed to use a skybridge instead of just connecting under the street to Telus

Back