Beautiful looking building and the good thing is its 200m+

Looks like 219.5m (720 feet) based on the staff report

love the artistic flair of this proposal - go Hariri!

1 eggs east.png

Attachments

• 1 eggs east.png
    1 eggs east.png
    496.6 KB · Views: 1,964
Last edited:
Looks like 210m more or less based on trying to add the floor to floor heights in the staff report

love the artistic flair of this proposal - go Hariri!

It is 224m

staff reports always have the height clearly written on the final page of the document, along with a lot of other information such as residential square footage, etc.

Its listed at 227.8 meters on skyscraperpage.com under database Toronto then Toronto illustrated section. It's in 23rd place under the built, under construction and proposed skyscrapers before it.
Check it out!

SSP may say 227m, but as both me and innsertnamehere have stated, this will be 224 meters.

The 227.75 metres on SSP is based on the elevation drawings. Bizarrely, the peak is above the highest datum line noted on the elevation drawings. Why they're not counting the peak on the elevation drawings is a mystery; maybe there's a flat roof hidden behind it? Anyway, I'd be inclined to count to the peak, which would put it at 747 feet/227.75 m.

Not feeling it, not at this early stage at least. Feels like Shangri-La with the vertices shifted around. But I have some faith in HP.

I thought the new regs against all-glazed towers were in effect now? How's this proposal fare w/r/t that?

New towers shouldn't be designed as all-glass towers if you can't build that way anymore. Glass towers have a certain appeal in their clean minimalism that's absent in towers covered predominately in spandrel panels.

The public is going to have to reject spandrel when they purchase, or more to the point, don't, and the Design Review Panel is going to have to have to start criticizing low quality spandrel (which can be some aluminium panels too, not just glass) and personally, I think they need to step up to the colour issue are clamp down on all fifty shades of you-know-what.

Talking about all glass facade l was on YouTube and stumbled on a Toronto interview call the the condo game documentary. About forty five minutes of how bad a lot of these new condos are going up. And how the owners have to suffer and keep their mouths shut. I think they should make the facades more stronger by adding more paneling than glass to prevent future problems. Or else were going to have future slum buildings.

That CBC documentary was way over-the-top sensationalism. Not impressed by it.

That CBC documentary was way over-the-top sensationalism. Not impressed by it.

I can't understand why you say this when you can see it with your own eyes all the problems on YouTube. Don't get met wrong on the subject of skyscrapers I love them. But if your going to build them make sure there there facade are built to last for at least fifty years not fiveteen or less. I have a feeling there's going to be a major overhaul on fixing these facades etc in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back