Seems UT was at the consultation last night. Anything new to report?

Image.

That render from UT's twitter looks absolutely stunning. The vibe the podium seems to give off is in line with the energy of Yonge-Egg that is fuelled by the developments surrounding. The particular line of 'tall condo's' stretching from E Condos to Quantum will have a silhouette of a skyline that will be visible for quite a distance in all directions.

I'm liking the sidewalk width on Yonge. The Salvation Army building next to it is going to look out of place when this is constructed.

Did anything else come out of that public consultation?

You can get a better look at the plans now! The dataBase file has been updated above, and a front page story describes what happened at the community consultation here.

I'm liking the sidewalk width on Yonge. The Salvation Army building next to it is going to look out of place when this is constructed.

Did anything else come out of that public consultation?

The Salvation Army building is being expropriated for Eglinton Crosstown uses. Vent shafts I believe, so it will likely be torn down.

Lovely. Good piece of (expected) news is that this will be connected via tunnel to the subway station. I hope they do not miss the opportunity to create a PATH like network of tunnels through the mall and adjacent properties.

I hope they speak to the Midtown in Focus people about proper utilization of Cowbell Lane. And like I said pages ago, I would be happier if this development was retaining more office space. We want this area to be alive, vibrant and mixed use not become a bedroom community to other employment areas.

So this is expected to be completed after the opening of the Crosstown? That is many years away.

The Salvation Army building is being expropriated for Eglinton Crosstown uses. Vent shafts I believe, so it will likely be torn down.

It was stated at the community consultation that the Salvation Army building was staying, but that it would be affected by a Crosstown emergency exit on its property.

Those outdoor staircases always look cool in renders and are always completely worthless in practice.

The base is okay, but feels very cold to me.

I'm usually all over HP's work but in terms of appearance, this comes across as disjointed and awkward to me.

The podium is amazing the tower is decent but could do better considering the thought that went into the base

Being at the meeting, the Tim building needs to be part of this project to help to shift the building south for more space on Eglinton. This will still have 25+ meter space between the 2 buildings.

The space on Yonge St is too small and if more space is found on Eglinton, it will help this space. The people who were complaining about the lost of green space at RioCan site, use it or loose it and not using it lead to it disappearing.

The building for 155 Redpath sales office should be part of one of the 2 projects as well. Otherwise those 2 building will be out of place once the 2 builds go up.

As for parking, it should be lower not increase as call for. Height is fine with me as this will become mid rise in 40 years as taller buildings come on line.

More office space is need here as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back