For information the floor plans are now available:

http://app.toronto.ca/DevelopmentAp...ion=init&folderRsn=3676783&isCofASearch=false

It's the last item under Supporting Docs - unlabelled.

Summary -

8 floors of underground parking
Street level access to Eglinton Station underground tunnel (not connected to the development underground)
Ground and second floor retail
Office Floors 3 -9
Residential amenity Floors 10-11
Live work units Floors 12 -13

AoD

Last edited:
The people who were complaining about the lost of green space at RioCan site, use it or loose it and not using it lead to it disappearing.
you mean the NW corner right? If you do, I think you are greatly revising history in blaming the community there.

Minor update:

The initial proposal was for a 68-storey, mixed-use residential building with at-grade retail and 10,947 square metres of office space. This was to replace the existing 8-storey office building with 10,689.6 square metres of office. However, the proposed office space included 1,642 square metres of live-work space (city staff was not satisfied this met office replacement requirement). A revised submission to the city fully now provides 10,891 square metres of office space. The revised proposal also has a three floor reduction in height.

Glad to see that they are matching office space now, though with a project of this scale I would have liked to see them add to office space, especially considering how much is leaving the area.

So this is a 65 story building now. The tallest height we will see in Yonge and Eglinton. Not bad. :)

^What about the old bus bay area? After the LRT is functional and the station built, would there not be room on that corner for something quite tall? (Although with the neighbourhood behind that area, you're probably right.)

Fun Fact the old bus bay area (though not the actual bays) was in use December 6th and 7th for bus diversions from the Eglinton subway bus platform area due to road repair work IIRC.

^What about the old bus bay area? After the LRT is functional and the station built, would there not be room on that corner for something quite tall? (Although with the neighbourhood behind that area, you're probably right.)
I forgot about that. Yes, certainly we could see even taller build-out on the bus bays.

By the time those are redeveloped, 1 Eglinton East and E Condos will be built out, precedent will be set for height. Maybe the proposals on the opposite side of the bus bays will be built too. (44 and 90 Eglinton Ave W proposal sites)

Im assuming the height would stay the same even with 3 less stories since office floor heights are larger.

I really wish the city could mandate even more office space; Yes I know they're replacing just the ~ 120K with another ~ 120K, but really this intersection should have much much more ... 500K is what I'd mandate, given em 80 stories if the way

What you really have to look out for is if they start putting in "office condo",..... even if they match the office space that's being replaced,... the office condo will only be 20% occuppied,..... as in the case of the office condos at HullmarkCentre,.... 80% of that office condo space is empty!,.... empty space don't provide local office jobs!

I cant confirm, but im almost sure that figure is not accurate

AutomationGallery,.... care to make a bet????

It's hilarious how you keep on debating with locals who see HullmarkCentre and EmeraldPark every single day,..... easy to confirm,... just make the trek up to North York,.... count up the number of office condos at HullmarkCentre,.... VS the number of office listed in the electronic directories OR even office condos with name plates on their doors,.....

Back