There was a rendering of this project in the most recent Condo Guide which I haven't been able to find anywhere else. It an aerial view of the top of the tower. The metallic columns extend up over the roof like a parapet.

Just looking at this now - it's on page 5 of the latest Guide, Jan 4-18......looks pretty good.....

Just looking at this now - it's on page 5 of the latest Guide, Jan 4-18......looks pretty good.....

EPSON008_zpsed60bd3c.jpg

[expensive] eh? at least they are being honest about it.:p
tower looks very sleek.

In typical Blazis form, the rendering is nothing but fantasy. The end result will look nothing like this cartoon.

Again, building should not exceed height of 18 Yorkville.

In typical Blazis form, the rendering is nothing but fantasy. The end result will look nothing like this cartoon.

Again, building should not exceed height of 18 Yorkville.

Typical? Crystal Blu surely fell below expectations, but that was just one project. I'm unwilling to pass judgement on Bazis until we see more.

With respect to height, this project will be one block from Yonge & Bloor and the city's own planning regime calls for increased heights and densities closer to transit nodes.

Even if you think the building looks good in that rendering, it means nothing. When will people ever see the building from that angle?

It's going to come down to the floor plate. Either a nice point(ish) tower or a monolithic condo slab with a thin vineer.

Hoping for the former, but expecting the latter, considering the height.

Even if you think the building looks good in that rendering, it means nothing. When will people ever see the building from that angle?

Never, of course, they're just trying to show off the roof top bar/lounge. Could be kind of cool.

In all seriousness I'd think that personal drones like the ones currently available at Best Buy and the like will be able to capture angles like that by the time this thing is complete (5 years +?). Not trying to be cheeky here but when you consider the exponential progress of technology it's pretty likely.

Whoever buys the penthouse at Holt Renfrew Tower or the Minto project will have a pretty nice view of the top of this tower.

Whoever buys the penthouse at Holt Renfrew Tower or the Minto project will have a pretty nice view of the top of this tower.

Quite right and I also find the knee - jerk aversion to Bazis unwarranted. Crystal Blu excepted, their designs are creative and a departure from what the established developers feed us. I'm glad Bazis has arrived on the scene.

They did a good job of not having the balconies ruin the architects vision for the project. I have the feeling this style of "buried" balcony will become popular.

The roof-top patio will have some amazing views.

Quite right and I also find the knee - jerk aversion to Bazis unwarranted. Crystal Blu excepted, their designs are creative and a departure from what the established developers feed us. I'm glad Bazis has arrived on the scene.

The project at Yonge and Sheppard disappoints on every level. Design, material, the bunker feel to it, etc. Just look how t meets the street on the west side. It's a travesty.

Do you honestly think the e condos will look anything like their original marketed designs?

Last edited:

Back