but the units at 1 Yorkville are horrendous.
the floorplans were posted
http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/showthread.php/20175-1-Yorkville-(Bazis-Plaza)-Real-Estate
mostly small units (12 units per floor squeezed into a ~80' x ~110' floorplate) with sub par layouts with very narrow LR of 9'0" - 9'3" and small 9'0" x 9'0" bedrooms.

The clowns running the show at Plazis really don't know what they're doing. They go from cheeky faux rich <expensive> nonsense to foreign student ghetto in 6 months. This building, with it's preposterous heights and poor integration with the existing heritage has little chance of seeing daylight any time soon.

I'm growing more and more confident that this deal dies on the vine and is eventually replaced by something more suitable for the area.

The clowns running the show at Plazis really don't know what they're doing. They go from cheeky faux rich <expensive> nonsense to foreign student ghetto in 6 months. This building, with it's preposterous heights and poor integration with the existing heritage has little chance of seeing daylight any time soon.

I'm growing more and more confident that this deal dies on the vine and is eventually replaced by something more suitable for the area.

what I just read.
I cant believe that someone want such a unique designed building to get cancel.

sir who cares. we are not going to live in those condos. so just enjoy the skyline. people will see the floor plans before they will buy it and if they buy it it means they like it that's why they buy it.

sir who cares. we are not going to live in those condos. so just enjoy the skyline. people will see the floor plans before they will buy it and if they buy it it means they like it that's why they buy it.

I understand that English isn't your first language (you've said it multiple times) but even after spending just a small amount of time on this website, it should be obvious that good cities can have good skylines, but great cities have great communities.

Or, to put it in simpler terms, it's not just the outside that counts.

What's 'preposterous' about a building this tall at the confluence of two subway lines and with buildings of roughly the same height in the immediate vicinity?

If the height of 1 Yorkville is preposterous what do you think of the height of One Bloor?

What is it that has you confident that this will die on the vine? Have there been any indications of pushback from City Planning or the Councillor?

may be the developers will change the floor plans ones they see that many people don't like the floor plan.
can they change it or not?

What's 'preposterous' about a building this tall at the confluence of two subway lines and with buildings of roughly the same height in the immediate vicinity?

It's not a major intersection thus not deserving of mega density. It will erode the fabric of the streetscape surrounding it through wind, shadows and a tacky podium. If you're ok with Plazacorp in Liberty Village and Crystal Blu on Balmuto then I suppose I can see why you have no issue with this proposal.

Yonge & Bloor can be built to the heights & limits of modern engineering in my opinion. This is not Yonge & Bloor. It's Yonge & Yorkville. The neighboring building, which gave the people a very pleasant parkette is but 30 or so storeys. This one should not exceed it in my opinion.

It's called proper city building and no one in City Hall or Queens Park seems to care if inferiors builders like Plazis basically blow through our more desirsble neighborhoods with their disposal housing concepts leaving a trail of amusement park quality structures to befoul the landscape.

Last edited:
may be the developers will change the floor plans ones they see that many people don't like the floor plan.
can they change it or not?

When suites don't sell, developers will rework the layouts to address whatever it is that the market doesn't like. If the whole building doesn't sell, sometimes they pull the building off the market for good, or temporarily until conditions improve. They have a lot of options.

This building is only in pre-sale at the moment, so we won't know for a while how it's doing.

It's not a major intersection thus not deserving of mega density. It will erode the fabric of the streetscape surrounding it through wind, shadows and a tacky podium. If you're ok with Plazacorp in Liberty Village and Crystal Blu on Balmuto then I suppose I can see why you have no issue with this proposal.

Yonge & Bloor can be built to the heights & limits of modern engineering in my opinion. This is not Yonge & Bloor. It's Yonge & Yorkville. The neighboring building, which gave the people a very pleasant parkette is but 30 or so storeys. This one should not exceed it in my opinion.

It's called proper city building and no one in City Hall or Queens Park seems to care if inferiors builders like Plazis basically blow through our more desirsble neighborhoods with their disposal housing concepts leaving a trail of amusement park quality structures to befoul the landscape.

One Bloor at 257 metres is at the intersection of Yonge & Bloor, and 18 Yorkville at 115 metres is two blocks from the intersection. Accordingly it makes perfect sense that this tower, which is one block from the intersection and halfway between 18 Yorkville and Yonge & Bloor, would be about halfway between the two in terms of height as well (i.e. 186 metres), so as to create a gradual step down in heights from the intersection out, as shown here: http://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?searchID=62926346

It also shouldn't create wind problems because the wind will break off the top of the heritage buildings. I'm also not sure how you can call the podium tacky, as this tower has no podium, aside from the aforementioned heritage store fronts. I'm not sure why you keep repeating these claims. It's almost as if you have some kind of personal grudge against Bazis.

Back