Why is there any doubt of what the actual address would be?

when you Google one Yorkville It shows you other buildings.

Now let's pretend to be shocked that it didn't receive support based on the impact of the proposal, even though its massing is literally just a floorplate extruded 58 storeys. No regard to framing (small) views (I realize they will change quickly as new developments crop up), taking advantage of daylighting, or architectural problem-solving. It's also a bit insulting to the public that they highlighted the parks... in a SHADOW study! Clarity of communication and communicating an accurate message is not difficult, and they should have known better.

Yonge Street north of Bloor deserves some sort of architectural articulation and interesting massing, not just another point tower.

The whole project is a flaming insult to the public.

Thank you for articulating the flaws in this proposal far better than I was able to with my layman's terminology.

From the Canadian Press.

TORONTO – The Cookbook Store announced Friday that it is closing after 31 years.

In the fall, manager Alison Fryer had said that they would seek out new premises after it was announced that a condominium would be built on the site of the tiny space which has hosted countless authors over the years, including Julia Child and Anthony Bourdain.

“This past year has thrown more challenges to us than ever before. Never ending, and ongoing, year-long road and utilities construction, extreme weather, online competition and the sale of the building for condominium development have had a devastating impact on our sales,” the store said in a release.

“We have considered new locations, but after much searching it has not proven feasible at this time.”

The Yorkville store, which has been a destination for foodies, said it would be having a closing sale starting Saturday.

Looks like this one has been well received (like the other big 2014 launches: Core, YC and DSG). On to the next one (11 Wellesley). Tweet from one of the biggest pre con agents:

Yesterday: 1 Yorkville Lauches. Today: 1 Yorkville 80% sold? This market is on fire. The $13m penthouse is still available though!

^ 80% sold already? That's crazy. I didn't even know sales had started yet. Hopefully with reception like that we could get a height increase of 5 or more stories.

^ 80% sold already? That's crazy. I didn't even know sales had started yet. Hopefully with reception like that we could get a height increase of 5 or more stories.

Suite reservations were going on since mid-Feb. I don't know why CN seems to think that it is unfathomable for a building to sell quickly before approval/permits, this is hardly the first time something like this happens. Also every big project under construction right now went through on 20% deposits (or less) before closing, so moot point.

That tweet came from Amit and Roy Bhandari of TalkCondo. While I have no affiliation with them whatsoever I have found them, as well as agents like Brian Persaud, David Fleming and Andrew Lafleur to be a hell of a lot more credible than the 30,000 other joker real estate agents in the GTA. Anyway we can wait a little while longer to hear an 'official announcement' but if this thing doesn't go through in its current iteration it surely won't be due to poor sales.

Last edited:
February 27 – 1 Yorkville Community Consultation Meeting
The City is holding a Community Consultation meeting for the planning application for 836-850 Yonge Street and 1-9A Yorkville Avenue.

Date: Thursday, February 27, 2014

Time: 7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.

Place: The Stone Church, 45 Davenport Road

For further details, please see the official notice from planning here: 1 Yorkville Community Meeting Notice

To speak to the planner, contact Oren Tamir, at 416-392-7349 or, otamir@toronto.ca

You may also contact the Councillor at 416-392-7903 or, councillor_wongtam@toronto.ca

As tweeted by Cllr Wong-Tam

Back