Story from this week's launch event, plus new renderings of even more over-the-top amenities here.

this tower did very well in VIP sales and I would love to hear about 5 or 6 more floors being added to this tower.

I'm totally confused about something. How can a building start selling units when it hasn't even been approved by the city yet? Isn't that premature? They're just at a public consultation stage! What happens if the project is rejected or the city says it's to tall and 20 storeys get chopped off? What happens to those who bought?

They get refunds.

Condos go into presale months before approval all the time. Probably the most famous of which is Girrafe, which after launching failed to get approvals and had to cancel.

How can a building start selling units when it hasn't even been approved by the city yet?

They can't.

They are selling pieces of paper that entitle the owner of that piece of paper to 1st dibs on a hypothetical unit. They can't sell a unit until it becomes registered and ownership of that unit is able to be transferred to you.

I'm totally confused about something. How can a building start selling units when it hasn't even been approved by the city yet? Isn't that premature? They're just at a public consultation stage! What happens if the project is rejected or the city says it's to tall and 20 storeys get chopped off? What happens to those who bought?

As PT Barnum famously said, "there's a sucker born every minute!'

has anyone seen these renders before?
stairs[1].jpg
rooftop-bbq[1].jpg
rooftop-dining[1].jpg

Attachments

• stairs[1].jpg
    stairs[1].jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 999
  • rooftop-bbq[1].jpg
    rooftop-bbq[1].jpg
    94 KB · Views: 1,049
  • rooftop-dining[1].jpg
    rooftop-dining[1].jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 1,010
Chiming in, late to the party because I've been away for a while.

When I see the renders, all I can think of is the word 'rhinestones'. That's it; no real effort expended in this design. I'd love to see a push for some innovation at this corner.

Last edited:
1 Yorkville was one of 4 projects all in the Bloor-Yorkville area which were considered together today at the Design Review Panel for what was described as a workshop.

Of the 4, 1 Yorkville was the only one that has not changed since we last ran into it. The last of the 4 to get going, it was described by a couple of the DRP panel members as the one with the luckiest site, luckiest in terms of it having the least complications in regards to its neighbours, and that the heritage buildings along Yonge are going to be easily saved.

While the DRP members have no say on whether the required zoning amendment will pass or not, this one would sail through if they did.

Trying to get it all together for tomorrow.

^ anything about 37 Yorkville? or is it shelved?

I would think that 37 Yorkville (1x69s + 1x55s) is one of the other 3, which would also include 50 Bloor (83s), and 80 Bloor (66s)

1 Yorkville was one of 4 projects all in the Bloor-Yorkville area which were considered together today at the Design Review Panel for what was described as a workshop.42

Actually I just checked the DRP agenda from yesterday...http://www1.toronto.ca/City Of Toro...an Design/Files/pdf/DRP/MAR18 DRP Agendaa.pdf
And the 80 Bloor site was absent, but the 2 Bloor (1x50s + 1x28s) site was included, which I believe will end up being one larger bldg.?

Last edited:

Back