Hey Santa, for Christmas I want another 50 buildings like this. edit: Kirkor has some decent, cleaner designs lately. I think most arch firms can design decent stuff if they try. Dreck is more on the devs who cheap out.
It's easy when you get another firm to design it and all you have to do is build it!

Daniels pulled the same stunt with BDPQ and Kirkor on Artworks in Regent Park.

Last edited:
I've noticed in a few cases that the thread title is showing the architect of record instead of the design architect. Not sure if that's intentional but I think it should be the other way around. My stomach lurches every time I see G+C in the title for Scrivener Square. https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threa...quare-81-65m-21s-tricon-graziani-corazza.545/

cc: @interchange42
often they become the design architect on the project, but use the existing plans previously prepared and continue their implementation.

This is different than, say, The One, which has Foster + Partners as the design architect and RAW Core as the local / architect of record.

In this case and Scrivener Square, the previous design architect is no longer involved at all, and the design is now entirely "in the hands" of the new one. So it sort of makes sense to change the architect in the title, as the original design architect has no involvement in the implementation of the project.

Last edited:
often they become the design architect on the project, but use the existing plans previously prepared and continue their implementation.

This is different than, say, The One, which has Foster + Partners as the design architect and RAW as the local / architect of record.

In this case and Scrivener Square, the previous design architect is no longer involved at all, and the design is now entirely "in the hands" of the new one. So it sort of makes sense to change the architect in the title, as the original design architect has no involvement in the implementation of the project.
Core is AOR on The One, no?

RAW is AOR on the other F+P project at 50 Scollard?

Could be wrong on the second, but fairly confident on the first.

Core is AOR on The One, no?

RAW is AOR on the other F+P project at 50 Scollard?

Could be wrong on the second, but fairly confident on the first.
Sorry, yes. Got them confused.

This kind of switcheroo of architects as projects approach construction is because many architects are expensive but offer strong design services - there isn't as much value in their high fees to go through construction administration. So some developers like to save a few bucks and switch to a cheaper firm which will do the construction administration for less. Some projects just have some egos butting heads too, of course..

I've noticed in a few cases that the thread title is showing the architect of record instead of the design architect. Not sure if that's intentional but I think it should be the other way around. My stomach lurches every time I see G+C in the title for Scrivener Square. https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threa...quare-81-65m-21s-tricon-graziani-corazza.545/

cc: @interchange42
I have corrected that now, BDP Q is acknowledged as the Design Architect and Kirkor as the AoR now. Cheers!

February 9: Work is now actively underway at 1071 King Street West - crew and equipment on site and working away. Does not appear to have taken the Hallmark's new partnership long to get underway.

20240209_121147.jpg

20240209_121114.jpg

20240209_121412.jpg

Back