You can't lay brick that is irregular by nature straight. Every row will be different by definition. The placement of the venting will be affected.

Out of curiosity, do you work for this builder? You can lay irregular brick without the wall looking crooked! We've used +100 year old brick for homes that came from old factories and warehouses that is very irregular but the brick joints and wall is straight...only the brick is irregularly shaped not the wall.

I don't understand how you can look at a wall like this example and tell me or anyone else that it's intentionally made to look like that! Just look at those window sills, instead of using a precast concrete or stone they made of brick...any one who knows anything about masonry will tell you that those will start falling apart in 10-15 years!!!! There are many examples of this in the GTA....

You can't lay brick that is irregular by nature straight. Every row will be different by definition. The placement of the venting will be affected.

What exactly do you mean by irregular by nature? I'm no expert by any means so please correct me if I'm wrong but, I see an engineered stone/brick veneer, 1/2 thick, adhered to the wall. A mortar was used to fill in gaps between the brick veneer to make it appear as traditional brick courses. If right, how can you not get that level?

Last edited:
Cr4DK9Y.jpg

FCB0OXp.jpg

IMG_3161.jpg

IMG_3162.JPG

IMG_3163.JPG

From my May 29th Development Tour of Toronto

Attachments

• IMG_3161.jpg
    IMG_3161.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 1,283
  • IMG_3162.JPG