This thread should be freed of this conversation - it belongs elsewhere.

No one is saying there isn't poverty in HK - there certainly is. But to say that it's rife with visible slums, as @ushahid intimated in post 228 is just as absurd.

MODs, can we lock this up and move to a more appropriate location? @AlvinofDiaspar @interchange42 @someMidTowner
He never said HK is rife with slums. You seemed to be surprised at the idea that HK still has got slums by saying "what slums?". He just posted photos because you hinted that slums don't exist in HK.

Last edited:
Project if you drive by those they look super ugly. im just saying that i like HK except those slums.
no fighting. i respect Projectend, always provides solid evidence for discussion.
He never said HK is rife with slums. You seemed to be surprised at the idea that HK still has got slums by saying "what slums?". He just posted photos because you hinted that slums don't exist in HK.
Ok. Let's change course - where in HK is there a 'slum' or informal community that can be seen from the street?

Ok. Let's change course - where in HK is there a 'slum' or informal community that can be seen from the street?
Plenty if you head out into NT. None around the downtown areas, though again they're pretty well disguised. Theres one at the base of shouson hill across from ocean park and another one between pok fu lam and cyberport.

Mong Kok isnt the nicest district but it's not exactly a slum either. There's a couple on lantau as well though they're more preserved villages, though the living conditions still aren't great. I never lived in Kowloon, NT only the island and lantau so I can't point to exact locations, but like I said NT anything north of Sha Tin, can be pretty hit or miss.

Welp...let's start with the fact if gets nerfed down to 250m or below, it will be just a glass box. As the only thing going for this current design as a landmark potential is it's height. Anything less, it will start lose it's magic rapidly...

...so I sure hope all involved have a jaw dropping contingency design in the works when it looks unlikely they'll to get the current one through. /discuss

This is loaded with architectural style (read about curtain-wall details etc) even though it's a rectangle.

In any case not to worry. I've negotiated a reduced height of 308.7 metres with the planners and the proportions are still great, the tower will still soar.

Postscript: thanks for getting the joke Ciarlandini... it doesn't happen often.

Attachments

• 1602264115502.gif
    1602264115502.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 254
Last edited:
Besides, as many have pointed out already in this thread, the problem is separation distance just as much as height. I don't see much value in hypotheticals that don't acknowledge the separation issue.

I wish they could merge this site with 80 Bloor, keep Herzog de Meuron and have two more significant towers...

AoD

That would be nice. This is an interesting site that’s very tight for two towers of these heights with adequate separation. The current plan makes 80 Bloor too large IMO. Ideally, I would have liked the block to be split down the middle, giving us a wider 1200 Bay and a slimmer 80 Bloor.

i hope Prowinko can buy the the 80 Bloor site and build a super tall and a skyscraper.

Back