News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

same

:D
I prefer the fabric ones as well. They seem to get less vandalism than smooth surfaced ones. They seem more comfortable. Pens and scratchiti don't work on the fabric. While crumbs and gum get into them the TTC seems to be doing a good job of preventing things from getting too bad. I have seen the hard surfaced seats and the old smooth cushion seats from the past in action and the cushion ones always seem to be ripped with some foam exposed and all the smooth surfaces have graffiti and scratchiti. The reality is that probably smooth surfaced ones see as much crumbs and dirt but rather than the seat holding onto it that crap ends up stuck to somebody's pants.

same ilke fabric 1s better

Can you at least make some effort to speak English on here. This is a forum on Urban Toronto, not an instant messenger or phone texting.

lol

fine

fine gosh you people are so strict ... anyways whats with lol thats no proper English its text/msn language :mad:

fine gosh you people are so strict ... anyways whats with lol thats no proper English its text/msn language :mad:

Your response should have been:
Fine. Gosh you people are so strict... anyways what's with lol that's not proper English it's text/msn language. ;)

TTCboy13, yes you are allowed to speak however grammatically you please, but don't at all be surprised when other people become annoyed with you when you type like you do on a chat line.

Off-topic blabber aside, I like how the new train, in the pictures I saw a bit earlier in the thread, doesn't look too different from the render they showed a year or two ago.

well

TTCboy13, yes you are allowed to speak however grammatically you please, but don't at all be surprised when other people become annoyed with you when you type like you do on a chat line.

Off-topic blabber aside, I like how the new train, in the pictures I saw a bit earlier in the thread, doesn't look too different from the render they showed a year or two ago.

well sorry...;) its the life of a teenager

Your response should have been:
Fine. Gosh you people are so strict... anyways what's with lol that's not proper English it's text/msn language. ;)

if were goin 2 b pedantic, i can haz moar punctuation ? :D

Fine. Gosh, you people are so strict... anyways, what's with "lol"? That's not proper English, it's text/msn language. ;)

But honestly, TTCboy13 -- it's a lot easier to take you seriously if you form proper sentences.

What's this? It's been used twice while "correcting" someone else?
The term is "anyway"....it's not plural.
Anyways is in my dictionary - Oxford Canadian. Defined as "North American, informal. in any case

Why are you objecting to this? It seems like it is correctly used English.

Funny, the Oxford american dictionary says it's incorrect, so does the English version....but if it's in yours, and it "sounds" correct to you, by all means keep using it.

Why is anyone in this forum objecting to the way people type? None of you are perfect.

Funny, the Oxford american dictionary says it's incorrect, so does the English version....but if it's in yours, and it "sounds" correct to you, by all means keep using it.
I'm surprised it's in either, if it says it's incorrect.

I was looking in the 2004 Canadian second edition. This is the gold standard for Canadian spelling these days. I wonder if it is in the first edition ...

I just looked in the Oxford English Dictionary - online (the 20+ volume version) (often this is not as current as there are sections that haven't been updated for years). Anyways is in there, and it references the 1989 second edition. There's actually two definitions.

1. adv. In any way, in any respect, at all.

c1560 Bk. Comm. Prayer, All those who are any ways afflicted..in mind, body, or estate. 1638 PRESTON Mount Ebal 10 As the Rudder of a ship, which turnes it any wayes. 1673 RAY Jrny. thro' Low Countries Ded., If either Catalogue or Observations prove any ways useful. 1794 SOUTHEY Wat Tyler III. i, Who may have been anyways concerned in the late insurrections. 1834 DE QUINCEY Cæsars Wks. X. 61 Nor was such an interference..anyways injurious.​
I don't think that's the one we want.

2. advb. conj. In any case, at all events, anyhow. dial. or illiterate.

1865 DICKENS Mut. Fr. xii. 228 Anyways, I am glad, etc.​
... well, if it's good enough for Dickens!

Why is anyone in this forum objecting to the way people type? None of you are perfect.

You're being pedantic. There's a big difference between using "anyways" and typing in unintelligible lolspeak. Sort of like speeding on the 401 versus being a serial killer. Sure they're both crimes, but the severity is very different.

Back