News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I understand grammar is very important, however, this is a topic on the New Subway Cars, not english class.

Now we know to speak properly to avoid off topic conversations, which unfortunately irritate me a bit.

So back on topic please! :)

There's a big difference between using "anyways" and typing in unintelligible lolspeak. Sort of like speeding on the 401 versus being a serial killer. Sure they're both crimes, but the severity is very different.
How is using anyways a crime? We've established it is in the dictionary, and used appropriately.

I understand grammar is very important, however, this is a topic on the New Subway Cars, not english class.
Surely you mean English class; not english class.

Besides, we're Canadians ... we don't have the same kind of class system as the English.

I've always been taught "anyways" is incorrect, so to my ears it sounds uneducated, and I wouldn't be caught dead saying it. OTOH, I do like to split infinitives...

I've always been taught "anyways" is incorrect, so to my ears it sounds uneducated, and I wouldn't be caught dead saying it.
Well it is tagged as as informal ... but hopefully we aren't a formal forum.

Anyways, back to the subject.

Anyone else want to describe their orgasmic anticipation for a new subway car? (am I the only one who actually finds the grammar discussion more interesting while there is nothing new to report?)

Do you think they'll keep the current announcements on the TR's? Or will they record new announcements, or will they come with pre-programmed announcements that sound computerized.

I don't know I really have come to like the voice of the TTC employee who did out curremt announcements.

On a side note, anyone notice that there might be to versions of Y-U-S line annoucements. One is normal and the other one seems to have a glitch when it announces York Mills, sounding rather choppy...

I was wondering that since they're new trains with new advanced station anouncement systems, that they would come with pre-installed voice. Or do te companies who purchase the trains have to do that stuff by their own?

You're right though, it would be a waste plus I like our current anouncements!

Thanks for the link finally a face to put to announcements.

Last edited:
If the weather holds up here, I plan on passing by the factory tomorrow. i'll post pictures if there is anything of note.

End of November is coming, and very very quickly....

Is something happening when november ends, is that another month closer to the TR's?

Hopefully andomano sees something tomorrow :D

Is something happening when november ends, is that another month closer to the TR's?

Hopefully andomano sees something tomorrow :D

The TTC expects to receive its first TR at the end of November, which literally means any day now.

Back