News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

it's the extra capacity of the new trains which is important right now.

Please share with us the extra capacity numbers!

The TTC projects that the new trains will have about 10% more capacity as compared to the T1's. The logic goes that because they have fewer cabs per trainset as well as the ability for people to stand in the gangways between cars that it somehow equals another 20 people per car.

Although I have no doubt that they will be able to hold more people than a train of T1s, I'll wait to see it before I believe that number.

I heard it was an extra 80 passengers per car.

You seem to hear a lot of things.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

Smallspy- I'm not sure what that is supposed to mean, no need to be rude. If you said that because I said 80 per Car, then I apologize, I meant to say 80 extra passengers per train.

I found the article that said 80 extra passenger could fit http://transit.toronto.on.ca/subway/5511.shtml

Last edited:
The TTC projects that the new trains will have about 10% more capacity as compared to the T1's. The logic goes that because they have fewer cabs per trainset as well as the ability for people to stand in the gangways between cars that it somehow equals another 20 people per car.
I've also had trouble swallowing such a number.

I think that part of the extra capacity figure is practical rather than theoretical, and comes from the ability to move from car to car - empty spots are filled as people slosh about in the train, rather than remaining empty.

Trains are delayed because the door manufacturer for the new TR has gone bankrupt. We should see the trains around Spetember and hopefully in service by Christmas time.

Really

Trains are delayed because the door manufacturer for the new TR has gone bankrupt. We should see the trains around Spetember and hopefully in service by Christmas time.

The manufacturer of the doors are Kurtis doors right! :mad:

Last edited:
that concurs with what a chief supervisor told me last week about a door problem holding up the delivery of the new cars. he didn't know when they were coming though

Brad Ross confirmed to me on Twitter that the trains have been delayed. They're currently working with Bombardier on a revised delivery schedule, and says that there will likely be penalties for the delayed delivery.

Typical... the company that makes doors Had to go bankrupt just when out trains are being made...

Instead of penalties, I'd like the TTC to negotiate a better price for its follow-on order.

I have a Question!

Have you guys ever dreamed of driving the Toronto Rocket or being the conductor!!:D ... cause i have i always did the hand jestures while i sleep sometimes!:D

Back