21 July 2008 photo update

A few hours ago, as the storm was rolling over Lake Ontario, the view from the West:

DSC09539.jpg

^Luckily that storm didn't turn into anything. I was at the Beaches watching streamers from pitch black clouds reach down towards the lake. Definite rotation was taking place.

Another view today of this project:

DSCN3337.jpg

One thing I've noted from the Cumberland side is that there's a patch where the mullions have been removed and the curtain's been changed to larger window/smaller spandrel--is that just an arbitrary spot alteration, or foretelling the overall future facade treatment?

Saw an ad in Globe Real Estate. Only 6 'homes' are left, including the largest which has as 2000 sq ft terrace.

I see something on both ends of the building... the back side has a set of windows 3 floors from the top that dont match and the front side has a section of the top floor with plastic over (missing?) windows.

thanks for the pics btw!

I see something on both ends of the building... the back side has a set of windows 3 floors from the top that dont match and the fron side has a section of the top floor with plastic over (missing?) windows.

thanks for the pics btw!

Posted last week.

Speaking of impacts, apparently the crane hit the existing office tower with a bunch of I-beams today. A few windows shattered and glass fell to the ground. I wasn't there myself, but I heard this from a reliable source.

yes, I am aware of that previous post... my post was questioning which side the damage occurred on as there seems to be anomalous sections on both the front and back of the existing building. Which side received the damage?

My source was walking on Bloor when this happened which explains the damage to the front. The back however, is still a mystery.

July 25

From Bloor St.
2704752718_4d511b9345_b.jpg

From Cumberland.
2704752724_6fccfeef44_b.jpg

From the PCL web site:
Current Progress(as of June 30/08)

Structural steel erection was completed up to Level 19. Levels 16 & 17 were decked and concrete poured on Level 17. Elevator cars 1 and 2 have now been completed and turned over to the Owner. The new tenant lobby was completed and has also been turned over to the Owner. Curtain wall and stone is scheduled to arrive on site in July for the new upper floors. New mechanical heating and cooling systems are now commissioned and operating. Storage room construction is underway in the basement.

So, does this mean the entire curtain wall's gonna be replaced by that sales-office arrangement?

Back