I didn't even know how they'd go ahead with that conversion! The retail portion was way too ambitious. First of all they'd have to kick out the Versaille Bijouterie (I really don't know how that would happen) and then Cole Haan (which had just extended their lease).

Regardless of that, the office portion of that building was/is empty.

2 July 2008 from Bloor St West

DSC07763.jpg
DSC07770.jpg

Who's leasing it out though?
I was looking for a lot of the properties for lease in the area and I didn't find any that had a lot of vacancy.

July 11th update

PICT1661.jpg

PICT1664.jpg

PICT1667.jpg

PICT1682.jpg

BTW that legardemain of skeletal steel is a real "where'd that come from?" eye-popper when seen from out Benvenuto way at the top of the Avenue Rd hill.

Reminded me of that ironworkers' union skeleton SE of Six Points (one of the great unsung minor Toronto landmarks)

Posts regrading what's happening in the above photo to the south of Varsity Stadium have been moved here.

Reminded me of that ironworkers' union skeleton SE of Six Points (one of the great unsung minor Toronto landmarks)

That's a training structure that previously existed at the Casa Loma campus of George Brown College. It was moved to the current location when the Ironworkers bought the land for a new hall, and it's still used for training purposes. It's probably been disassembled and rebuilt more times than any other structure in the city.

Back