5D636C8B-3D92-4E2B-B67B-48A8DF3EB114.jpeg

This might be a dumb question, but it seems like the building is leaning over front street. Is that really the case or is just an optical illusion.

Also, leaning might be the wrong word, maybe tilting? Obviously it would be on purpose and part of the design, I just can't tell if it is or not.

This might be a dumb question, but it seems like the building is leaning over front street. Is that really the case or is just an optical illusion.

Also, leaning might be the wrong word, maybe tilting? Obviously it would be on purpose and part of the design, I just can't tell if it is or not.
It's most certainly leaning. You can see it quite obviously in the podium renders

2111-102683.jpeg

I think that's because of the steel beams being curved at ground level.

There's going to be a drum roll once this tower reached about ten or more floors for me! That's when the curtain wall goes up and I'm wondering what colour it's going to be! I'm thinking maybe an iron oxide look?

Is the plan to reconstruct the upper floors of the heritage facade on front? Seems weird they left part of it in situ - is it going to be permanently chopped?

Quick question, does anyone know where I can get the architectural plans for this building? I can't find an application in the Toronto Application database for some reason.

The sweeping outward angles are really interesting and I want to learn more about it from the plans.

Quick question, does anyone know where I can get the architectural plans for this building? I can't find an application in the Toronto Application database for some reason.

The sweeping outward angles are really interesting and I want to learn more about it from the plans.

Some of the plans were uploaded by @Edward Skira in this post: https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threa...46s-cadillac-fairview-as-gg.17751/post-983436

If you look in/around that page (which was when a revised site plan was filed; there may be some other posts with material as well.

Back