For god's sake, this is an office tower not a retail mall, if anything 3000 people coming out of here will animate the street
This is an office complex in the ENTERTAINMENT DISTRICT!

Have you not walked in the Financial District and realized that office towers alone do not encourage street animation? Take a walk in the Loop, in Chicago, and see how the large office complexes without retail, create dead zones. I have video of me walking down a street in the Loop at 6pm and there is not one single person in sight. People avoid streets that offer nothing but glass walls. We don't need to bring bad planning like that to the Entertainment District. We have created a downtown that's full of life, we need to continue with that success, not change course now.

Love the renders of this new project. I hope it gets built and looks this good.

Whoever wrote the front page article has made a mistake claiming if built this would be Toronto's third tallest building ... This is not true . Aura is #3 in the city at 893ft. This would be #4 coming in at 869ft... Or #5 if you count the spire on Trump.

The article said it would be the 3rd tallest office tower, not the 3rd tallest building. :p

I would actually live in that rooftop greenhouse they propose building! What a beautiful hideaway.

This is an office complex in the ENTERTAINMENT DISTRICT!

Have you not walked in the Financial District and realized that office towers alone do not encourage street animation? Take a walk in the Loop, in Chicago, and see how the large office complexes without retail, create dead zones. I have video of me walking down a street in the Loop at 6pm and there is not one single person in sight. People avoid streets that offer nothing but glass walls. We don't need to bring bad planning like that to the Entertainment District. We have created a downtown that's full of life, we need to continue with that success, not change course now.

Is the loop dead because no one lives there? Or because the built form of the buildings don't encourage street animation?

In my mind business like restaurants follow residential population growth... to that end while our financial district may not be full of buildings that have traditionally encouraged street animation i would argue this is changing quite significantly... some of the most noted restaurants have opened in the area creating a very different scene there after work in the last few years (Pizzeria Libretto, Drake150, the Chase); these are just to name a few.

The article said it would be the 3rd tallest office tower, not the 3rd tallest building. :p

I would actually live in that rooftop greenhouse they propose building! What a beautiful hideaway.

It didn't before. I messaged UT on Facebook and they changed it ;)

Lets put a starbucks and a subway at the base, gosh that would be an improvement.

They want a large serious tenant. They aren't going to scare a corporation away by showing cookie cutter retail at the base. Perhaps this will change, perhaps there will be a couple shops in the interior of the building. You must also keep in mind that not only is there retail at ground level in this area but there are also underground retail. I think this is a silly thing to focus on.

Looking at the Skyscraper Page .com under the diagram section clearly states that the structures built, under construction and proposed are higher than 869 ft. Putting this building in 8th or 9th place depending on the Trump's spire.
Does any one know what colour the glazed windows of this building is going to be? Personally I would pick black because of the two holes in the structure looking like tweeters of a PA system. All you need is speaker cones .
All kidding aside it does look like a speaker box!

Last edited:
the videos also show an art sculpture. just like the one with One Bloor.

Normally I prefer rectilinear design, but with this project I'll make an exception. Although the curved balconies inspired this:
ninjaturtle.png

Attachments

• ninjaturtle.png
    ninjaturtle.png
    120.6 KB · Views: 840
Last edited:
A potential future Nuit Blanche installation perhaps? Just not sure what it would mean...

Back