Just like with EY kinda disappointed with the height reduction but still beautiful and I like the incorporation of the heritage buildings. From the renders it seems like they crapped the quality of the indents, but then again it may just be a quick low quality render they put out.

The now-more-squat proposal is definitely a downgrade, but it's still a nice change from most of the downtown office stock (especially in contrast to the not-far-off Southcore buildings).

I'm still interested to know what the two indentations are going to look like in reality; is that going to be a metal material of some kind, or are they thinking glass? Are they functional in any way?

Just like with EY kinda disappointed with the height reduction but still beautiful and I like the incorporation of the heritage buildings. From the renders it seems like they crapped the quality of the indents, but then again it may just be a quick low quality render they put out.

EY was increased in height, not decreased.

I generally don't mind the building form, but the angle used in the renders, both past and present, from Front Street facing the CN Tower, has always made the design look vastly unappealing to me; the height reduction doesn't help. Functionally, I appreciate what they're trying to do by opening the mechanical levels to tenants as outdoor spaces. Visually, I hate how they look.

s551228258327922884_p1852_i7_w200.jpeg

It can't be unseen, it's brutal. Though I strongly welcome a development here. I daydream longingly about this lot being filled in each time I walk by, seriously. It'll add hugely to the skyline too when looking west down front from, say, Yonge. Pretty excited about that.

I actually think it looks better after the reduction, it's less impressive but suits the design. The angled crown that was added looks good too. Not sure about the black trim around the chamfer though, it's visually distracting.

CF's website still lists 16 York as the only active development. It even has it's own site. 160 Front is still not mentioned. It looks like they are leasing out 16 York first, unless they have an anchor tenant who preferred 160 Front that we don't know about.

I don't know about 16 York?? but ill bet that this and 81 Bay street will be the next office towers to break ground

Also disappointed in the height reduction. The new version still has many interesting qualities but it's decidedly tubbier than the old one.

Well his newer incarnation still has many of the same elements but again the design process is not over. I would hope they keep the gaps at mechanical levels but even in the new renders they seem shallower and less interesting. There is a good opportunity to provide a visually appealing vista looking west down Front with something a little more architecturally unique, I do hope we don't end up with just an 'anywhere' glass curtain here.

Back