Thanks steveve. Here's a few screenshots from http://smithgill.com/work/160_front_street/ :

160-1.jpg

160-2.jpg

160-3.jpg

^^^ Obviously purely speculative but I hope the aquarium is expanded significantly in conjunction with MCC's redevelopment.

Agreed. Would be nice if the developer would put one up like they did with the Bay Adelaide cam from way back in 2008.
I like the north and the south face of this building. It will look nice modern when we will look the building from these angles. But the west and east part of the building will be gross because of the holes in each side. The holes take off a huge part of grace of the skyscraper. Without these holes, it would have been an extraordinary looking building. I know it too late to see them removed. I hope the TD's logo will partially offset a part of the ugliness of the holes. I hope it will turn out better than the rendering because this building will have a huge impact on Toronto 's skyline. Don't worry folks, I will not comment every buildings like that.
The west and east parts are what makes this look interesting if you ask me, and the angled roofline. The TD logos are going to make the building more ugly, not less.

Is it just me, or does is this looking more stumpier compared to the previous renders?
That's what happens when you reduce the height of the building.

Interesting this site was originally proposed as office and condo with 2 skinny towers but now it's just 1 chubby office building. And there's talks of converting some office space to condos due to the pandemic. I prefer the original renders, the varying floor area in this building is a little strange.

Last edited:
Interesting this site was originally proposed as office and condo with 2 skinny towers but now it's just 1 chubby office building. And there's talks of converting some office space to condos due to the pandemic. I prefer the original renders, the varying floor area in this building is a little strange.
Can you link your source for that?

Is this the version you prefer?

Reactions: 000
There is absolutely no truth to this. The building is 100% leased.

There is absolutely no truth to this. The building is 100% leased.
I was talking generallly. Ben Myers mentioned commercial property owners could consider conversion if the office market doesn't bounce back to what it used to be. We saw this in Alberta when oil and gas companies stopped renewing leases / downsized and few tenants replaced them.

Is this the version you prefer?

Yes exactly what I was referring to. Loved the idea of two towers on this site, it would have been like One York/Harbour Plaza which I think mixes pretty well and there's always foot traffic for retailers. Hopefully when this completes things return to normal otherwise it'll just be another ghost tower.

Yes exactly what I was referring to. Loved the idea of two towers on this site, it would have been like One York/Harbour Plaza which I think mixes pretty well and there's always foot traffic for retailers. Hopefully when this completes things return to normal otherwise it'll just be another ghost tower.
As @ProjectEnd says, it's 100% leased.

The Metro Convention Center now looks horribly out of place with this render above.

It needs to be totally redeveloped.

It looks much better from the front than the back but has been functionally obsolete (it's too small to bid on the big conventions) for decades. For me the bigger issue has been that hotel. It was a blight on the city as soon as it went up.

Last edited:

Back