I really don't understand why TD is so obsessed with this sign. The sign at this position spoils the overall aesthetics of the facade.
Agreed. They already have three other signs to let people know TD occupies this tower.

Agreed. They already have three other signs to let people know TD occupies this tower.
Exactly. Having the signage isnā€™t the problem. I get why they want it up there. Itā€™s only the one screen on the front that acc is really problematic. No reason why 3/4 sides isnā€™t good enough coverage, especially when this is not going to be the most prominent viewing angle of the building anyway.

I love this tower. Amazing to see something different. It really adds to the skyline. As I was walking to union I took some pics.
IMG_1835.jpeg
IMG_1836.jpeg
IMG_1837.jpeg
IMG_1838.jpeg
IMG_1839.jpeg

That TD screen on the upper east side next to the lovely ā€œcut outā€ is an abomination.

Agreed 100%. It should be at the same level as the north and south sides, but perhaps that's not possible/more difficult because of the curved glass.

Agreed 100%. It should be at the same level as the north and south sides, but perhaps that's not possible/more difficult because of the curved glass.
It certainly needs to be moved up more. It looks way too uncomfortable there.

As per renderings the upper floors above the second ā€˜eyeā€™ will have horizontal green lighting at night. That should look spectacular and novel for Toronto.

I'm not sure which renderings your looking at, but non of the ones I see show any type of green lighting going horizontal at night. Also, the rendering show that TD sign on the east side higher where the roof starts to bend but they put it right above the second landing pod, so who knows....

Last edited:

Back