OMG! Too excited, can't wait!

Looking forward to seeing ze renderings. I'm feeling a good vibe on this one. Cresford's been pumping out solid designs after its BSN fiasco. The upper Bay Street canyon will almost be complete with this and 43 Gerrard in the pipeline. Up next, lot across from the bus terminal?

OMG! Too excited, can't wait!

Looking forward to seeing ze renderings. I'm feeling a good vibe on this one. Cresford's been pumping out solid designs after its BSN fiasco. The upper Bay Street canyon will almost be complete with this and 43 Gerrard in the pipeline. Up next, lot across from the bus terminal?

i agree. very excite!!

queens park is only gonna get better with all these skyscrapers going up along Bay street... gonna be a mini-central park!

Travis; said:
Up next, lot across from the bus terminal?

*slightly veering off toping and apologizing in advance* but how about I take that further and lay out my pipe dream that Greyhound does someday move south by Union Station (where it makes sense anyway) and then the bus terminal building also gets redeveloped like Burano (office space though maybe?)... :D

I'm excited for Bay north.

Last edited:
I wonder if the plan will be sympathetic to the existing structure at 990, a la FIVE, or if it will be facadomized and turned into a lifeless shell of its former self like the poor RCMI on University. I know 990 is a tiny little thing, completely out-of-place nowadays, but I've always loved how it acts as a reminder of Bay Street from the late 1800s.

At least I assume it's as old as it looks, but I can't seem to find any information about its history.

Last edited:
I'm not sure of the history either. I'd be curious if anyone knew.

In the meantime, I wouldn't mind something like this (don't mind the paint job):

Edit: By the way, I really enjoy saying One Thousand Bay. That's a nice address to have. I wonder if we could expect something like St. Thomas?

Last edited:
^ I always thought the Bistro 990 was just a regular building with add-ons to look French style faux-historical. It does have a cute charm to it, and a popular Film Fest hangout.

Cresford has been using aA for almost all their projects recently, so it's likely a nice contemporary glass tower for this site. I'm looking forward to it. :)

Last edited:
^ I always thought the Bistro 990 was just a regular building with add-ons to look French style faux-historical. It does have a cute charm to it, and a popular Film Fest hangout.

Cresford has been using aA for almost all their projects recently, so it's likely a nice contemporary glass tower for this site. I'm looking forward to it. :)

I think you're probably correct, the more I look at it. Despite my general dislike for all things faux-historic, I've always liked 990. If there indeed is no heritage value, I'm sure it will be demolished. Might be fun to have it completely encased in the lobby of the new building though, like that bank building in the Allen Lambert Galleria.

Isn't 32 storeys a tad short for this last parking lot, given the heights currently proposed, or do people think it will fit in better?

Isn't 32 storeys a tad short for this last parking lot, given the heights currently proposed, or do people think it will fit in better?

i would be shocked if they did not go through the rezoning process for additional density. their basis is almost $200/sf GFA with the existing approvals.

Back