Naturally one of the very few places that brought some warmth and a bit of charactor to a cold, lifeless street would have to go.

Naturally one of the very few places that brought some warmth and a bit of charactor to a cold, lifeless street would have to go.

It is the inside of this bistro which is worth preserving in this case: the back dining room with it's low ceiling is so pleasingly intimate without being crowded. It's charming and so un-modern.

If Theatre Park can be built to 47 floors, then this site could easily handle something in that range. Bay St corridor is all about 50 floors these days.

The general height standards have been raised in the newest wave of developments, and 600 feet appears to be the new 400 feet.

I'm gonna guess Cresford wants to sell this building in a hurry, perhaps to take advantage of the bull market before it runs out of steam..?

So if this lot is approved for 32s, I'm guessing an aA tower around this mark--maybe 38s tops. And no or little parking here is the best solution, with parking via back alley.

Application: Zoning Review Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5S 3A8

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 11 239515 ZPR 00 ZR Accepted Date: Jul 15, 2011

Project: Multiple-Use Building New Building

Description: Proposal to construct a new 32 sty condo with ground floor retail, 355 residential units, and 4 levels of below grade parking.

So, if this 32-storey tower…
Hilton-Garden-Inn-_300_.jpg

http://www.can-lodgingnews.com/artm...very_first_branded_hotel_in_Elliot_Lake.shtml

that held a hotel with 115 rooms and 99 condo units, is now going to be a similarly tall 32 storey condo with ground floor retail, but now with 355 residential units, then that's quite a bit larger tower. Assuming the hotel rooms were to be half the size of a condo unit, they must be using every inch of the 990 Bay site that they have added to this proposal.

I'lll assume they are no longer going with Chamberlain as architects.

I'm gonna guess Cresford wants to sell this building in a hurry, perhaps to take advantage of the bull market before it runs out of steam..?

That's my thought too. There are some proposals/buildings in sales that I have a feeling we won't be seeing this cycle. The next couple of months will tell.

but who did Cresford sell it to ?!?!?

was it a No Co owned by a member of Cresford, or a subsidiary of Cresford, etc?

Cresford sold it to Mayfair, who rezoned it for 143k sf. They then then purchased 990, purchased 1000 again and now will presumably be going through another rezoning (to justify the outrageously high price paid, which doesn't make sense at the 143k sf that it's currently zoned for).

Back