News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Tickets are now on sale for anyone via ticketmaster. I thought I might buy some tickets for relatives in Hamilton who like soccer to the gold medal game. However, when I went to buy them, I encountered this warning message:
Seat location will be determined Spring 2015.

WTF is that? There's only two price categories. I was buying the top price seats at $35/each. I can't even have a remote idea of where they will be in advance? Not even a section number in the stadium?

I can buy Leaf tickets for tomorrow's game and pick the precise seats I want at the ACC on an interactive map. Why is no seat selection at all possible for this event?

Tickets are now on sale for anyone via ticketmaster. I thought I might buy some tickets for relatives in Hamilton who like soccer to the gold medal game. However, when I went to buy them, I encountered this warning message:

WTF is that? There's only two price categories. I was buying the top price seats at $35/each. I can't even have a remote idea of where they will be in advance? Not even a section number in the stadium?

I can buy Leaf tickets for tomorrow's game and pick the precise seats I want at the ACC on an interactive map. Why is no seat selection at all possible for this event?

Because this isn't a Leaf's game which is guaranteed to sell out. Its a huge multinational event. If tickets do not sell well, seats will likely be assigned closer to the event so the venues appear to be full.

Government bureaucracy in action...

Because this isn't a Leaf's game which is guaranteed to sell out. Its a huge multinational event. If tickets do not sell well, seats will likely be assigned closer to the event so the venues appear to be full.

if that's case, ticket buyers should know the row he will get in the worst scenario. For example you pay $35 to be seated at Row H, with the possibility of be closer. Not giving any idea makes no sense at all.

Errm... if they don't sell well, and everyone is bumped up many rows, I'd buy the $20 tickets instead of the $35 tickets. But even then, with only 2 price sections, what about sitting on the side vs. the ends. This is not ideal at all.

I suspect the real issue is how many PanAm Games sponsors and VIPs will want free tickets is not yet determined, and the public will be assigned seats only after the number who wish to be there and assigned the best seats is finalised.

Last edited:
Errm... if they don't sell well, and everyone is bumped up many rows, I'd buy the $20 tickets instead of the $35 tickets. But even then, with only 2 price sections, what about sitting on the side vs. the ends. This is not ideal at all.
All the soccer tickets are the same for each game. Most are $20 (plus $5 fee) for the double headers, including the semi-finals. The finals and bronze medal games are $35 plus $5 fee. All seats same price. I keep hearing conflicting reports whether it's general admission or not.

I think I will emulate the hoards of Montrealers who flee the city during the Grand Prix, and take off those two weeks from Toronto and head elsewhere.
Given it will be the first time in years that there won't be any construction in the summer - and all we lose is the odd lane here and there for the games - I expect that it will easier to get around Toronto than most summers. I'll take off for 2 weeks in August!

Given it will be the first time in years that there won't be any construction in the summer - and all we lose is the odd lane here and there for the games - I expect that it will easier to get around Toronto than most summers.
That's a good point. I wonder the size and cost (re. overtime, etc.) of the construction back log caused by this forced fortnight stand-down.

Triathlon route will be same as the Toronto Triathlon Festival. Swim in channel at Ontario Place, bike along Gardiner and DVP (turn around near Eglinton) and run on Martin Goodman Trail / Lakeshore west . Should be fun to watch.

That's a good point. I wonder the size and cost (re. overtime, etc.) of the construction back log caused by this forced fortnight stand-down.
Is there much of one? They seem to have doubled-down in 2014, and tossed all the rules about working on parallel routes at the same time out the window. Do the same again in 2016, and it's a wash. Still lots to do in Spring 2015. And they can start ripping the city up again in Fall 2015.

I bought tickets for volleyball, so I'm in. I think, except for certain road closures and changes, the average Torontonian won't even notice that the Pan Am games is going on.

It'll be a great time. I plan on partying and meeting many hot Latinas. Seeing Canada own the podium on home soil will also be good. We should have street festivals and 5am last call during this event.

Back