News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Decision was made that ACC is too big (20,000 seating capacity) for any of the events that could have been held in it.

On Front between Parliament and Sherbourne. There's a Beer Store at Queen and River

It was announced that games tickets are now 60% sold. Not bad for a little more than 2 weeks before the events begin.

I don't think the athletes will need to hit up the LCBO. There is usually alcohol on site in the athletes village. I believe Molson-Coors will have a beer tent for athletes too.

It was announced that games tickets are now 60% sold. Not bad for a little more than 2 weeks before the events begin.
I'll believe it when I see it. 2/3 of the sales are probably to sponsors who were forced to buy huge swaths of tickets to events nobody cares about.

I'll believe it when I see it. 2/3 of the sales are probably to sponsors who were forced to buy huge swaths of tickets to events nobody cares about.

Why would that even be a problem? Who cares who is buying the tickets? A ticket sold is still a ticket sold. From what I've seen, many of the events were sold out months ago. It's only the bigger events with longer preliminaries that still have large swaths of tickets left (ie. Check out Brazil Vs. Canada's soccer match prelim.) Medal matches, and sports with smaller capacities like handball, gymnastics, equestrian, swimming etc are all sold out, many having sold out months ago.

Why would that even be a problem? Who cares who is buying the tickets? A ticket sold is still a ticket sold. From what I've seen, many of the events were sold out months ago. It's only the bigger events with longer preliminaries that still have large swaths of tickets left (ie. Check out Brazil Vs. Canada's soccer match prelim.) Medal matches, and sports with smaller capacities like handball, gymnastics, equestrian, swimming etc are all sold out, many having sold out months ago.

It'll be like the London Olympics with piles of "sold" and empty seats.

Back