News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

As usual you post nonsense. "If you support public libraries you also support Bill C-51 since both rely on tax money."

The article you linked says nothing about bids, bidding, or a bid process.
I think your consumption of Ford Nation kool-aid has impaired your ability to think logically and put forward a rational argument.

The point on g8/g20 is that if the end (infrastructure) justifies the means (pan am) then logically you should support the summit because of all the infrastructure it created.

And how exactly do you think these summits get awarded? South Korea was next in the rotation and Canada asked for a second one to be added that year. We showed them some pictures of wheelbarrows full of cash and it went to us.

And bonus points for your trenchant powers of observation - I have been nothing if not consistent in my love of Ford Nation.

Last edited:
The point on g8/g20 is that if the end (infrastructure) justifies the means (pan am) then logically you should support the summit because of all the infrastructure it created.

Except there never were infrastructure 'ends' to justify a g20.

Look at all this rain we are getting the last 24 hours. I'm blaming the PanAm games

It seems likely that due to low demand organizers aren't even selling tickets for entire sections of the stadia. Take a look at the seating chart for a Canada vs. Costa Rica women's soccer game in Hamilton. Only 1/4 of the seats, roughly 8,000, are open to the public. And as you can see there is still lots of availability. I guess having 8,000 spectators in a specific section is better optics than 8,000 dispersed across an entire stadium. Note that the sections being sold are across the field from where the TV cameras will be placed, again, suggesting that optics is the number one priority.

a3v3ERj.png

Yes, it will look better during broadcast. But it's also better for the spectators, and saves money on staffing.

The volunteer kit included a $30 Joe Fresh coupon. This weekend I went to one of the stores, there was also a Canada Day discount and I walked out with a decent pair of pants and shirt for less than $10. So far the Games have been good for me. :)

The Pan Am Games lanes are in effect today. As you would expect, the traffic on the DVP, Gardiner, QEW and Lakeshore is probably some of the worst I have ever seen except on days with extreme weather. This is unacceptable.

The Pan Am Games lanes are in effect today. As you would expect, the traffic on the DVP, Gardiner, QEW and Lakeshore is probably some of the worst I have ever seen except on days with extreme weather. This is unacceptable.
The transition from temporary to permanent HOV lanes on the westbound QEW around Trafalgar is badly designed. It just makes the existing bottleneck even worse.

Wasn't that bad on the DVP. It was slower than usual, but only delayed me by 10 minutes which is pretty negligible. My coworker from Barrie made it to work in just under an hour too, which was quicker than normal for her. (She took Don Mills down from Steeles instead of staying on the DVP, something which more people will start doing as they get used to the change)

It seems likely that due to low demand organizers aren't even selling tickets for entire sections of the stadia. Take a look at the seating chart for a Canada vs. Costa Rica women's soccer game in Hamilton. Only 1/4 of the seats, roughly 8,000, are open to the public. And as you can see there is still lots of availability. I guess having 8,000 spectators in a specific section is better optics than 8,000 dispersed across an entire stadium. Note that the sections being sold are across the field from where the TV cameras will be placed, again, suggesting that optics is the number one priority.

a3v3ERj.png
That's a $150M taxpayer-funded stadium, so just keep in mind that you've paid for $100M of unused seats...

Of course it will be used after the games, but we basically shelled out $150M to keep a for-profit CFL team afloat.

There were also reports of collisions. Were these caused by the HOVs? Or was it just coincidence?

Traffic going EB on the Gardiner late yesterday afternoon sucked thanks to an accident that closed Lake Shore for a good part of the day. Can I blame that on the HOV lanes too?

There were also reports of collisions. Were these caused by the HOVs? Or was it just coincidence?

Traffic going EB on the Gardiner late yesterday afternoon sucked thanks to an accident that closed Lake Shore for a good part of the day. Can I blame that on the HOV lanes too?

The DVP came to a complete standstill near Eglinton during my commute this morning, however, when I got to the incident, it was simply a car pulled over in the HOV lane, causing a bottleneck at that point. I refuse to blame the HOV lanes for anything, as it seems like its the idiots who are using the lanes illegally that caused most of the slow downs this morning. (so many people were using the HOV lanes as passing lanes, and cutting into regular traffic when they noticed a cop. It would cause everyone else to hit their brakes in order to make space for those people)

Basically, the right lane was moving better than the left lane for the majority of my commute.

I refuse to blame the HOV lanes for anything, as it seems like its the idiots who are using the lanes illegally that caused most of the slow downs this morning. (so many people were using the HOV lanes as passing lanes, and cutting into regular traffic when they noticed a cop.

That is exactly what people will do.

Back