That sign has already been posted in the neighborhood and has been there since ~2015. They need the full suite of schooling here (ie: elementary schools and a high school).

This notice is pretty standard around many new condos is it not? I know I've seen it in other places a number of times.

This notice is pretty standard around many new condos is it not? I know I've seen it in other places a number of times.
It's not necessarily common practice, well at least in many areas of the city. In Toronto these signs pop up everywhere because the local areas in which these signs pop up are overwhelmed by the demand of students, and they truly cannot accommodate more students. I'll put it this way, the TDSB doesn't put these signs up in areas where demand for classroom space is busting at its seams, or is projected to so in the very near future.

That's how it goes. Business close under achieving locations all the while expanding top performing locations. The alternative is busing kids simply to save money. That said, I don't know if the mega school concept where most students are bussed in/dropped off are at a disadvantage to the neighbourhood school concept from yesteryear and still in practice all over Toronto. Bussing is political suicide.

That's how it goes. Business close under achieving locations all the while expanding top performing locations. The alternative is busing kids simply to save money. That said, I don't know if the mega school concept where most students are bussed in/dropped off are at a disadvantage to the neighbourhood school concept from yesteryear and still in practice all over Toronto. Bussing is political suicide.

In North America, busing children to and from schools are the priority. Over school lunches.

October 25th, 2017

DSC_7899.jpg
DSC_7900.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_7899.jpg
    DSC_7899.jpg
    408.7 KB · Views: 591
  • DSC_7900.jpg
    DSC_7900.jpg
    348.5 KB · Views: 507
It's time to let the province know how short-sighted they have been with their RER plan with regards to the Park Lawn GO station. The residents of Humber Bay should also be aware of this survey so they can let loose as well:

https://www.gghtransport2051.ca/goals-objectives-survey/

While we're at it, Leslie Woo should also be aware of the station's importance since she clearly has no idea:

leslie.woo@metrolinx.com
416-202-5943

Back