Could it be like the gas station at Bathurst & Wilson, which was similarly closed down and fenced off a few months ago, without any permits in sight? Perhaps the gas station decided not to renew the lease and the site will sit dormant for a while

The picture clearly shows excavation. Which I would assume was remediation, but with the canopy in place, I question whether you could complete that work fully.

I suppose you could just remove the tanks and clean that area for now; but then you have to come back to do more later? Not sure.

Some more groundbreaking news from this site along with some signage:

PXL_20230920_213848528.jpg

PXL_20230920_213947094.jpg

PXL_20230920_214014644.jpg

PXL_20230920_214054930.jpg

PXL_20230920_214235886.jpg

That last one might really shed some light on what's happening here.

Local community association president notes in a report, “Silver Moon Marlin Spring will be building a 56 storey condominium on the Esso property on the SE corner of Lake Shore and Park Lawn”. Nothing further in the report.

Local community association president notes in a report, “Silver Moon Marlin Spring will be building a 56 storey condominium on the Esso property on the SE corner of Lake Shore and Park Lawn”. Nothing further in the report.

Still no permits even applied for; not even the demo one for the gas station, so construction is not imminent.

Edit to Add:

Which got me looking in the AIC.

They do not have Site Plan Approval; indeed, they don't even have a Notice of Complete Application.

This one is going nowhere quick.

I assume a resubmission is forthcoming, on the SPA, but don't know that.

This area needs a change in cladding materials for future projects to something that compliments but stands out from the sea of grey glass.

This area needs a change in cladding materials for future projects to something that compliments but stands out from the sea of grey glass.
The First Capital development is pretty much the only hope of that (minus the part that Pemberton). We already know the type of garbage Marlin Spring will bring to the table, and Pemberton will bring a level of garbage marginally better but overall almost the same as well.

Back