Hmm I don't remember having this impression. I remember talk about people having views of it no?

The plans never included the substation. CC is correct about talk about the view, but even that was short-lived since there are no units on north side of the shorter block.

300 Front will have a ~15 storey solid wall facing the hydro substation / transformer to the north ... mind you, the proposal shows a rather attractive north wall with an interesting pattern of various sized grey and white spandrel panels as per the scaled model photo

7.jpg

I'm not sure who gave false info though that suggested the project was going to be built 'over' the hydro substation ~

I remember talk about people having views of it no?

well technically if one were to buy a suite in the 'tower' portion with a northeast view, one "could" look down to see the hydro substation/transfomer

300 Front St W gets Zoning Approval

Customer Care notice went out to 300 Front St W purchasers by mail and email.

"We would like to inform you that we have received Formal Zoning Approval as of February 24, 2010 for your community at 300 Front Street West.

With zoning in place, we can now move forward with the next steps in the permit process moving us one step closer to the start of construction; this process includes obtaining the Building Permit. Until this permit is in place only partial permits can be obtained which include Shoring & Excavation as well as Foundation. "

Purchasers should check their mail, email or log in to mytridelhome.com for more details.

Great news, surface parking lots on Front Street West may very well be a thing of the past entirely quite soon. And a 49 storey tower, wonderful. If memory serves correctly, Fly Condos is starting construction soon as well.

Does anyone know if there is any sort of development planned for the parking lot at the NE corner of Front & Simcoe? I haven't been there in a while so maybe something is already going on and I just don't know about it, but if anyone has any updates for that lot I would appreciate it.

Nothing has been announced for the parking lot at the NE corner of Front and Simcoe yet...

currently the sales pavilion for the Ritz Carlton is on that site.

Meanwhile, yes, it's great to see that 300 Front is underway! This is amongst my most anticipated projects in this city, for its architecture, its landscape design, and for the major impact it should have on that stretch of Front Street.

Technically, there's a long standing offce tower proposal for that lot and a 2002 proposal of two low highrises on midrise podiums for the lot next to Fly. Nothing is or has been planned for the remaining lot on 300 Front's block.

I apologize if this has been covered before, but how are they going to deal with the electrical transformer station?

Taken on my way home last night. Another parking lot gone, fantastic!

4578469758_4eda9b1135_b.jpg

Taken on my way to work today, removing the billboards.

4577838237_031e288752_b.jpg

Back