yay.. ground level!.. i hope this one turns out like the renders.. which, by the way, Tridel did an AMAZING job on.. everything from the colour, and lighting, and angles.. the building just looks appealing!.. and classy..

I liked it when it was taller and really slender looking, perhaps too tall for this location but I'm disappointed Tridel never went back and tried for a few more floors after getting reduced down to 49s.

I remember back when this was proposed I was so impressed. "Wow, a 50 storey building!!!"

Even moreso how tall it was for a Tridel project. Little did I know just what new heights Toronto would begin to reach in the condo boom a few years later...

I remember back when this was proposed I was so impressed. "Wow, a 50 storey building!!!"

I think the original proposal was actually 65 floors.
I agree with dt, its a shame Tridel never tried to reach a compromise with the city for say 58 in exchange for some kind of 'donation'.

It was 58s + what looked to be about a 4 level mechanical PH.

This one has been movin' slow it seems to me. But it's one of the one's I'm most interesting in following. I like that area. I'd buy there.

*Edit: and when Joe Badali's lot and the adjacent parking are developed soon, it'll be a nice corridor.

Taken today. Should pick up speed from this point on.

300-FRONT-26-12-2011.jpg

Thanks, c. This seems to be one of those projects that pops it's head up once in a while, despite its decent size. Kind of like the U thread. It must be somewhat out of the way for some of you regular snappers.

Now that it's above ground I think this thread is about to get much more active. I'm really looking forward to seeing this one go up and how it turns out. I really hope they don't mess this up with crappy materials (The Cheapening™).

Last edited:
Slow but steady this one. Once this is done and the buildings directly across from East Side Mario's go up--I've forgotten the name, but at Front and Simcoe--this area will really be different. Nice corridor looking eastwards for sure.

I wonder when that huge new Cadillac Fairview project a couple blocks over from it is going to released.

Back