I think people are really up in arms about the spandrel because the mid-rise portion is lathered in it and that's what's salient right now. I think once the tower is completed, which has move vision glass, it'll become a little less noticeable. I still think this has potential to turn out above average.

Pic taken Sept 22, 2012

vrVTK.jpg

I don't know what people are surprised about. We knew this was going to have a lot of spandrel before it even started construction. We knew this from renders, and because it's Tridel.
Anyway, I think it will look really good when the balcony glass goes on.

I've always loved those circular buildings !

I have a friend in one. The overall finishing is much better than in Apex, but they're just finishing up with some balcony troubles, so it's not THAT well built (it's concord afterall...)

Red Mars, an interesting angle and one that I've never seen before. Kudos. But what a total sea of green!

meh... its still all glass sterility regardless of the slight variation in colour. to be a true counterpoint it would need to have substantial amounts of brick or stone. (it's painful to dream such things in Toronto.)

Take a stroll over to St. Lawrence Market, your faith will be restored :)

meh... its still all glass sterility regardless of the slight variation in colour. to be a true counterpoint it would need to have substantial amounts of brick or stone. (it's painful to dream such things in Toronto.)

Agree 100%. That area is screaming out for some material other than glass. An escape from minimalist lines would be welcomed as well. We've done that to death for 60 years. Enough enough enough!

Absolutely. Each of those buildings on their own (with the exception of 300 Front) are nice looking buildings. Matrix in particular. But viewed all together, my eye doesn't know where to focus.

Also ironic that the only really visually different building in that shot is slated for demolition!

Back