Today...

33Bloor1.jpg

33Bloor2.jpg

33Bloor3.jpg

33Bloor4.jpg

…and the escalators will be back up and running for three weeks before they find another reason to shut them down. ;)

How strange to see alterations to an older building that actually wind up looking good.
Old?! I lived across the street when the previous lowrise/subway entrance was demolished and this built, late 80's/early 90's. I guess it is old, and I guess I am too now!
This update is sensational, retail can be successful if it caters to all the new apartments and condo residents that are being built on the south side of Bloor, and down to Isabella St. - many of whom will pass through here every day.

Exterior work is mostly done. Just the front entrance remains to be finished.

Is it officially the front entrance any more? They’ve placed the building desk on the east side of the west entrance, and looking at the facade, people are naturally going to be drawn to that giant white archway entrance anyway. It’d certainly keep down their hvac costs and increase overall accessibility by just using the west side and creates more retail frontage on Bloor.

Beautiful inside and out.

And in that photo above the only ugly thing one can find is the lamp post accompanied by 3 traffic signs/multiple metal straps. Replace that with an attractive lamp post and better traffic management system and we'd have the gold standard in urbanity.

Beautiful inside and out.

And in that photo above the only ugly thing one can find is the lamp post accompanied by 3 traffic signs/multiple metal straps. Replace that with an attractive lamp post and better traffic management system and we'd have the gold standard in urbanity.

Disagree, what about the outdated Hudson's Bay logo lingering in the reflection reminding us that the Bay on Bloor hasn't seen as much as a coat of paint since the 1970s!!?

Back