Googly eyes...

1aNFnxB.jpg

92141C52-4221-4BE0-A3A2-D6E017749B82_1_201_a.jpeg

2D86AE22-0DA0-4A72-8C34-122D00CB5235_1_201_a.jpeg

C772E1B1-5AD2-4972-9574-C94919FB675D_1_201_a.jpeg

217DE875-C8AF-48B9-8FE4-01D2FC58BA78_1_201_a.jpeg

A7491904-398E-4D83-9F30-C10BADE334A6_1_201_a.jpeg

0E5F4909-173B-481E-B881-7CD24EFADFDF_1_201_a.jpeg

Is the triple height outdoor area on the fourth floor slated to be used for anything (i.e outdoor space or restaurant) or is it too small?

It's hardly what I would call stellar but is it really that bad? Like it looks fine, for what it is. Maybe it's not deserving of being placed on a street corner like this, but it's not the type of building that is going to be a blight on the city or have people say ew, what is that. Not everything will be stellar no matter how much we might like it to be.

At the end of the day, this is really tall infill. Maybe infill doesn't deserve a street corner but it is what it is.

It's hardly what I would call stellar but is it really that bad? Like it looks fine, for what it is. Maybe it's not deserving of being placed on a street corner like this, but it's not the type of building that is going to be a blight on the city or have people say ew, what is that. Not everything will be stellar no matter how much we might like it to be.

At the end of the day, this is really tall infill. Maybe infill doesn't deserve a street corner but it is what it is.

Well said. Honestly, I appreciate that it has a simple design with basically one move and it sticks to that without devolving into the type of jumbled mess that litters this area. The aluminum paneling is also a better looking product than like 90% of what we typically get, and the window wall is better resolved than most.

I’ll take this over fully most of what’s gone up around it in the last decade.

Yeah I agree. This building could be built better but it has more character than a lot of all-glass condo buildings in downtown.

The only real issue I had with this building is that it looked like they took baseball bats to the initial cladding, making it look like a write-off at one point. Since then they have seemed to smoothed that out or obscured it...

...either way, it's one of the better towers in that area, IMO. And for what that is worth.

The only real issue I had with this building is that it looked like they took baseball bats to the initial cladding, making it look like a write-off at one point. Since then they have seemed to smoothed that out or obscured it...

...either way, it's one of the better towers in that area, IMO. And for what that is worth.

For sure, and it's not to far off from initial renderings unlike some buildings in the area that have been over VE'd... nudge nudge... looking at you Nobu.

Back