nice? this is a hideous train wreck of 3rd rate architecture crammed in randomly with no thought for context or public realm. it is criminal what is being done in the Entertainment District in the name of profit.

You know, not every member of UT adores me, LOL; but by and large, I'm well respected, in part, because I acknowledge contributions from different members, and also because I recognize the value of contributions with which I disagree.

Accordingly, I'm quite content to endorse your fair critiques of many Toronto developments; notwithstanding your penchant for a wee bit of hyperbole.

Thing is......I have trouble recalling the last time you said something positive about anything.

You do have a propensity for unrestrained negativity.

May I suggest a bit more restraint and/or balance would not be a bad thing.

I'm not a fan of this development either. But your unwavering, perpetual, negativity is a tad taxing. Just sayin....

Dec 17, 2022

53C36474-5C62-401E-AA13-09FCD3E74FFF_1_201_a.jpeg

EB41EBC4-FD12-409C-B917-85E8801A075D_1_201_a.jpeg

EC294A50-0A3B-4FF6-9E4A-7EFBDD5D9F85_1_201_a.jpeg

DD445F3B-C5A7-451C-809B-FCB0A8812D2B_1_201_a.jpeg

Looks like a Hilton Garden Inn skyscraper and the only thing of any value is another awkward V column recessed into a huge 150 metre corner aluminum wall well above grade. It's the worst building in that photo full of ominous mediocrity.
Too negative?

Best Wishes for 2023

From the top of the 'V' down it is Ok. From the top of the 'V' upwards it is absolutely sheer boring. Too negative no.

Looks like a Hilton Garden Inn skyscraper and the only thing of any value is another awkward V column recessed into a huge 150 metre corner aluminum wall well above grade. It's the worst building in that photo full of ominous mediocrity.
Too negative?

Best Wishes for 2023
Actually, given that its neighbors are Peter & adelaide and Nobu, this one looks way better than it should be.

The Entertainment District is funny to me...it's really just become a stack of flats ad infinitum in some places. Any so called "luxury" homes or hotels, like Nobu, increasingly seem lacklustre to me if your view is of someones window 50 feet away. Then again, it's just buzzwords and marketting that's drilled into our heads all in all.

Back