We purchased new from Sorbara in one of their latest projects; I really doubt I'd do it again. I love our unit but there were several quality issues with their subtrades and especially the property management company they hired. Sorbara really cheaped out on common elements and mechanical systems.

Interesting, care to elaborate?

I know forumers don't like to get off topic; I was just responding to a previous note about Sorbara's reputation. We experienced a gas leak in our unit due to damage to pipes during installation, flooring that was installed incorrectly (various sized planks from multiple cartons were sorted by size, with all small planks upstairs and all large planks downstairs instead of randomly and evenly distributed), less than adequate HVAC in unit and in common areas (there is no HVAC in ground floor lobbies resulting in cold winters and hot summers in lobby and elevators), cheapening of common elements and landscaping (some advertised elements were simply eliminated), terrace drainage that directs our terrace storm water onto the patio below us, causing mold and water damage to the unit below, and I could go on.

That's weird that they would do that with the hardwood flooring? I wonder why they did that. Sounds like a first time floor installer. As far as cheapening out, that is a shame that they would do that with the HVAC, and cheap out on some of the common elements. Shouldn't they correct the terrace drainage issue though? Very weird, are other builders like this?

from today
20110130193.jpg

20110130195.jpg

20110130196.jpg

Well, I walked by yesterday and they had started putting up studs and block in some of the openings. Once they are done that, insulation and board, windows, then brickwork. Still a while to go, suggest April/May for start of brickwork at grade.

Thanks for the information Spadina Bus. I always wondered, how high a building has to go before they start to do the cladding.

Just checking in again, looks like they are completing a floor every 9 days or so, very impressive. The complete 7th floor including the ceiling will be done this week. With five floors to go, 9 days average per floor, that looks like a six to seven week completion for concrete. Could be as early March 21 - wow! Perhaps the unique suite layouts past the ninth storey will slow them down.

I also walked by the decor centre on Sunday, looks like that could open soon as well.

Cant wait to see some glass and brick show up. The brick selection will be key to pull of the look of the building. I hope the architects get the contractor to build a mock up wall to make sure the right brick is selected.

I have liked this project for a while too.... almost bought here, but a realtor told me it would never go up. I like the look of the building and the location.... missed opportunity....

I have liked this project for a while too.... almost bought here, but a realtor told me it would never go up. I like the look of the building and the location.... missed opportunity....

Luckily, I did buy here. I was told the exact same thing. Oddly enough, it was from a freed sales guy, while I was sitting in their sales office...Coincidence? ..... they would tell you anything to try to get you to buy in their buildings

More Great news.....glass has arrived! I thought we wouldnt see it until a few more weeks.
The frames are a dark chocolate brown which will match up well with the the oh so important brick colour still to come.

photo5qc.jpg

photo1qn.jpg

photo2tb.jpg

photo3xr.jpg

photo4i.jpg

Back