This stretch of Wellingston is shaping up nicely. Victoria Park here is lovely too, though it would be nice to see the city develop it a little more à la Square St. Louis in Montreal.

from today
20110212091.jpg

20110212092.jpg

Last edited:
Jasonzed, you are the man!
Would it be possible for you to get another shot like this in about 10 days? My unit's columns and interior concrete walls will be coming into view by then on the southen portion of the building on the ninth floor. Much appreciated if you can make it happen. I would frame it and put it up in my finished unit!

nice shots as always jasonzed. 400 Wellington guy, if you bought the unit on the 9th floor on the part of the buillding that juts out, you have an amazing unit!

This project is perhaps one of the best projects on wellington based on the nature of the builiding as well location. I am not saying this because I bought into this building but just based on the looking at it! 500 wellington is not nearly as nice unless you bought the top floor-no views, building very tight, unfortuantely cannot see any of the wall at 500 except for the front. I cant imagine spending 4-5M at 500. guys at Freed told me 400 would never get built-guess they wrong. I currently live in a Freed project-no bad-but nothing special. IMO-400 wellington location beats all of the other locations so far in this section of King West. No regrets that I bought 2 units here on the top floors a few years ago.

This project is perhaps one of the best projects on wellington based on the nature of the builiding as well location. I am not saying this because I bought into this building but just based on the looking at it! 500 wellington is not nearly as nice unless you bought the top floor-no views, building very tight, unfortuantely cannot see any of the wall at 500 except for the front. I cant imagine spending 4-5M at 500. guys at Freed told me 400 would never get built-guess they wrong. I currently live in a Freed project-no bad-but nothing special. IMO-400 wellington location beats all of the other locations so far in this section of King West. No regrets that I bought 2 units here on the top floors a few years ago.

I agree Stingray. I was really impressed with the size of the building as well as the quality of the suites. Most of the floor plans are really well done. Some of Freed's buildings are nice, but others seem quite crammed. I am not surprised the competitor would say that this project would never get off the ground. The units on the top floors are really nice. Especially the 9th and 10th floor units that have the wrap around terrace. I would have liked to get one of those but couldn't afford it :(.

One of my workplaces backs on this project. I really should take some close-up pix for this here fine community.

Walked by this morning on the way to an appointment, they are close to pouring the 10th storey floor slab on the south portion and finishing the formwork for the same slab on the rest of the building. Glazing continuing, now up to 4th storey.

S'Bus

Walked by this morning on the way to an appointment, they are close to pouring the 10th storey floor slab on the south portion and finishing the formwork for the same slab on the rest of the building. Glazing continuing, now up to 4th storey.

S'Bus

Wow! Is it just me or are they putting up this project at a really fast pace!

My first prediction was for concrete to be complete end of March. I then revised it to end of April. At this pace, could only a maximum of another 6 weeks since there is only one main floor to go (10th) and then the 11th and 12th which are only half floors.

Progress is good but remember it is only the exterior - interior work will make it look like nothing is happening for a long time.
S'Bus

My first prediction was for concrete to be complete end of March. I then revised it to end of April. At this pace, could only a maximum of another 6 weeks since there is only one main floor to go (10th) and then the 11th and 12th which are only half floors.

Progress is good but remember it is only the exterior - interior work will make it look like nothing is happening for a long time.
S'Bus

Very good time line that you estimated! Once they get all the windows in place, they can start the interior correct? Or will they start the interiors by each floor?

Do you guys think this project will be finished on time?

They wont probably start drywalling until the building is entirely closed in with all windows, glazing and majority of brickwork complete. Plumbing is the priority right now with major electrical feeds next.

What do you call finished on time? What did Sorbara give you as occupancy date?

Back