The alley to the west looks to become even more interesting now.

However, the width of the new sidewalk -- or lack thereof -- is unfortunate.

Hey Redmars,

thanks for the pictures! nice shots! It looks more and more like this building will be done on time!

duke

Last edited:
I agree with Northern Magus that the alleyway is a great opportunity for some pavings. It even has a bit of a view corridor up to King Street. Could be a great little detail for this project.

FYI they took down the external elevator. It looks like all the external cladding is done. They are working on the landscaping as well. They bricked the front entrance walkway.

400 from across the tracks.

400-WELLINGTON-20-11-2011-3.jpg

400-WELLINGTON-20-11-2011-4.jpg

Duke,
They started working on the railings yesterday but have yet to put up the glass. This morning, it looked like they were putting up railing on the very top roof deck on the east side and that is a new aspect if true...the east penthouse owner may have an access up to the roof as an extra, not sure what is going on there. I will try to take a pic at lunchtime.

Duke,
They started working on the railings yesterday but have yet to put up the glass. This morning, it looked like they were putting up railing on the very top roof deck on the east side and that is a new aspect if true...the east penthouse owner may have an access up to the roof as an extra, not sure what is going on there. I will try to take a pic at lunchtime.

thanks wellington guy! I always wondered why they didn't make a rooftop barbecue area. It would have been a nice feature for the building. As for the building being close to finished. You can tell that they seem to have finished a lot of the units as the plans are no longer on the windows!

thanks wellington guy! I always wondered why they didn't make a rooftop barbecue area. It would have been a nice feature for the building. As for the building being close to finished. You can tell that they seem to have finished a lot of the units as the plans are no longer on the windows!

Here is a pic I took at lunch of the new railings on the top roof deck. Looking at the roof pics taken previously, I believe this is purely decorative and serves no purpose as there is no stairwell going to the roof but only a hatch.

These railings have never shown up on the scale model or renderings. Sorbara should have saved the dough and put it into more pre-cast coping.

eastroofrailing.jpg

terracecloseups.jpg

prob doing this railing bec this building is 1 of Sorbara's masterpiece. I don't see 1 flaw about this building-at least from the outside. Its a beatiful boutique building on the best stretch of Wellington. lets see if they build next door (architect)-who knows-Sorbara may own this. Wouldn't be surprised if they put the sale center soon.

looking at the roof top-they would never allow people on this since it is not meant for based on the nature of how it is. purely decorative-but the mob has tons of cash..lol

prob doing this railing bec this building is 1 of Sorbara's masterpiece. I don't see 1 flaw about this building-at least from the outside. Its a beatiful boutique building on the best stretch of Wellington. lets see if they build next door (architect)-who knows-Sorbara may own this. Wouldn't be surprised if they put the sale center soon.

I bet the for sale sign goes up one week after the building is fully occupied lol!

The property to the east has had lots of developers looking at it, including Sorbara. I was told the owner was asking a hefty price awhile back and one developer did take an option on it, but don't know what's happened since.

looking at the roof top-they would never allow people on this since it is not meant for based on the nature of how it is. purely decorative

The roof is purely decorative?

Back