from today
20100109075.jpg

Here's another shot closer up from this morning, and a pano from my iphone to show how its shaping up on the street. Up to 6th level slab, more than 2/3 of the concrete pours now done.

Anyone been contacted for decor appointments yet? Should be very soon.

photojan92.jpg

jan9small.jpg

thanks for all the updates Jasonzed, Red Mars and 400wellingtonguy. It's nice to see updates on the projects in this area as they do not get as much attention as some other buildings do.

Agreed! Great updates Jasonzed, Redmars and 400 wellington guy. I really liked how you all shot the building with different perspectives. Hey 400 Wellingtonguy, how is it that 2/3 of the concrete pouring is done? The building is 12 floors.

Sorbara seems to be doing a good job thus far. They seem to be working at a good pace. What do you guys think? I have heard that they have a pretty good building track record.

Those with a south view will have a perfect observation point to watch whatever takes place on the Globe and Mail site.

I am sure the people on wellington will fight any development that ruins the aesthetics of the block. That said most condos will have their view blocked at some point. Regardless the south views will still be okay and if the globe building looks nice it might improve the look of the street.

I don't necessarily think an 8 to 10 story building on the globe site would ruin the aesthetics of the street. Conversely it would most likely fit in. However say someone on the 6th or 7th floor of 400Wellington facing south will have a view south but would lose it later. That's all I'm saying.

I'd rather look out and see the future Globe building (assuming it will be nicely done and scaled appropriately for the neighbourhood) than the current Globe parking lots and CityPlace beyond.

We purchased new from Sorbara in one of their latest projects; I really doubt I'd do it again. I love our unit but there were several quality issues with their subtrades and especially the property management company they hired. Sorbara really cheaped out on common elements and mechanical systems.

Back