I live on Bracebridge Ave and just found out tonight, from a caring neighbour with a stick. Thank you.

Where is the due process in informing residents who take care of this neighborhood and raise their children here? Why here? The entire block and the infrastructure serves all ages of the community in wellness and fitness: hockey, curling, baseball, picnics, fireworks-and festivals, education and a dog park. The parking lot of the proposed site is constantly full as Torontonians far and wide take part and enroll in these programs or seek nature. ! It’s Stan Wadlow park in East York!! This would represent a substantial downturn.

This is not just impacting residents but we’ve made investments in the current infrastructure in order to create a wonderful urban area for kids to grow in all sorts of ways. Safely.

Further, I am in Taylor Creek Park everyday walking or cycling and there are no encampments. This makes no sense and residents will not be comfortable with this; the lack of transparency nor the impact of such a decision. The gains don’t exceed the losses in this case.
We agree my wife and myself have worked very hard to get into this East York pocket and invested our hard earned money in our new home of 7 months ,this will definitely impact our area in many ways and financially ruining the housing market will only be the tip of the iceberg

This is going to bring a lot of problems into this community I hope this doesn't go through

The Mayor attended this virtual meeting on the modular housing.

To his credit, he spoke thoughtfully on the issue, supporting the housing.

I particularly like this statement:

“I should say in response to a number of comments that there are two supportive and respite housing within very close proximity to my home,” he said. “Contrary to what is suggested in the chat tonight, to which I am paying careful attention, it has never been necessary in this city for me to visit any of these residences with police officers.”

“It never happened because it isn’t necessary, and never has been,” the mayor added.

From this article:

The Mayor attended this virtual meeting on the modular housing.

To his credit, he spoke thoughtfully on the issue, supporting the housing.

I particularly like this statement:

“I should say in response to a number of comments that there are two supportive and respite housing within very close proximity to my home,” he said. “Contrary to what is suggested in the chat tonight, to which I am paying careful attention, it has never been necessary in this city for me to visit any of these residences with police officers.”

“It never happened because it isn’t necessary, and never has been,” the mayor added.

From this article:

100%, the Mayor has been good and vocal on all of these Modular-Housing sites... but not sure how having him spending 12+ hours per week for a month or so - on projects that only deliver 128-units - is "scaleable" to the number that he wants to reach.

To get to "18,000 units of new Supportive-Housing units by 2030", then sitting in public-meetings answering the chat would become his FULL-TIME job + overtime.

Meanwhile, he's got a City of 2.9-MILLION people and a 13-BILLION dollar annual budget to manage, etc..?!?!?

There needs to be a way to get these kinds of projects thru-the-system that doesn't require the Mayor to "hand-hold the locals" for weeks on every single site.

We agree my wife and myself have worked very hard to get into this East York pocket and invested our hard earned money in our new home of 7 months ,this will definitely impact our area in many ways and financially ruining the housing market will only be the tip of the iceberg

Is there any evidence that property value has decreased in any meaningful way in any location around the city over the past decade+? Or is the concern more that you might make slightly fewer tens and hundreds of thousands of dollars off your real estate as other people struggle for basic shelter and human dignity?

It's not only about the real estate value. It's about the location of this particular housing and proximity of it to the school right across from it. Those who oppose this should approach the federal government department that is charge of handing out the funds. One of the main reasons, this process was expediated is to get access to the federal funds. If no action is taken immediately, then we should file a joint lawsuit against this construction.

It's not only about the real estate value. It's about the location of this particular housing and proximity of it to the school right across from it. Those who oppose this should approach the federal government department that is charge of handing out the funds. One of the main reasons, this process was expediated is to get access to the federal funds. If no action is taken immediately, then we should file a joint lawsuit against this construction.
And the basis of the lawsuit would be what, Dear Citizen? That the residents of this home should not be subjected to live in a nieghbourhood of cartoonishly narrowminded, pearl-clutching, entitled archvillains?

A lawsuit would be preposterous.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

It's funny how we poor are now being cryptically branded as predatory by this claim, to put it mildly. /bleh

Back