Yeah, it's not open or anything. I took the picture through a gap in the paper covering the windows.

the lighting in this space is pretty awful IMO
If you look at the lighting from outside, as shown in this snip from an @Red Mars photo of 29 May, it resembles the roof line of an original (or older) building on the site. I rather like it myself!

1668437333852.png

It looks like they are trying to be the Church of Google. A picture I took from June.
7D992585-A68B-4F31-A511-040F9633E607.jpeg

Edit:
Added some more context as found by googling.

We have compiled a list of nine proofs which definitively prove Google is the closest thing to a "god" human beings have ever directly experienced.

Last edited:
If you look at the lighting from outside, as shown in this snip from an @Red Mars photo of 29 May, it resembles the roof line of an original (or older) building on the site. I rather like it myself!

View attachment 438987
oh yes i do know that, it's perhaps a little too on the nose but still decently clever.

I meant more so the light levels in the space. the light is far too overly dispersed, bright, and homogenous. It translates to a big overhead hotspot. If they brought down the brightness of the 'roof' lights, and complimented it with some diffused recessed lighting elsewhere, would be far more pleasant i think.

Haven't seen anyone post this yet. No major update, but BlogTO posting about the desire to have a potential 10,000 ft restaurant tenant here at grade. Floor plans and renders of what a restaurant "could look like" included in the article.

Haven't seen anyone post this yet. No major update, but BlogTO posting about the desire to have a potential 10,000 ft restaurant tenant here at grade. Floor plans and renders of what a restaurant "could look like" included in the article.

Yes, it has been talked about somewhere far above and as BlogTO says it it is the space on the Colborne St side. The street (Church to Leader Lane and Leader Lane) will be greatly improved next year as part of their Section 37 funding - somewhat like Market. (The section Leader Lane to Yonge will (the City hopes) be improved when the building at Yonge & Colborne is built IF there still are Section 37 funds available then.

@DSC will have to find out if this is the widely feared nail salon, or something more interesting:

1676665481628.png

Back