The balcony finishes were never really thought out and makes the building look messy and unfinished, like some kind of distracting netting that has been partially draped over it. It’s a huge disappointment.

AA looks like they were trying to design a Walman-style building but fell short — funny how the trend of Toronto’s condos went from the randomized staggered window wall pattern to a brick pattern motif (with a brick podium with a regular grid of punched windows).

The design of the building will get worse once it's occupied as whatever is left of its visible characteristic white wall panels will get lost in the random sea of white window coverings.
Just have to completely disagree on all points. This building looks great.

The sidewalk is usable now!
Now get rid of the concrete barriers,
add some patio chairs and a couple of beers,
and maybe some paying hotel guests back at the Novotel.

10CFD4AD-8B11-4642-AAA4-A4EA50B0187D.jpeg

some more lock boxes out front
Okay, we are ready to remove the fence now……
B632BF9B-D799-4C98-9370-1E76DB3C29A5.jpeg

The sidewalk is usable now!
Now get rid of the concrete barriers,
add some patio chairs and a couple of beers,
and maybe some paying hotel guests back at the Novotel.
I would not get too excited about hotel guests. They extended their lease to the City for the shelter well into 2022 and there are neighbourhood rumours that they are working on a redevelopment of the site (possibly with a new hotel as part of it.)

I would not get too excited about hotel guests. They extended their lease to the City for the shelter well into 2022 and there are neighbourhood rumours that they are working on a redevelopment of the site (possibly with a new hotel as part of it.)
Last I read was to April 2022 but I couldn't find any information on the potential redevelopment of the site??

Last I read was to April 2022 but I couldn't find any information on the potential redevelopment of the site??
I said that the possible redevelopment of the site is 'only' rumour BUTit comes from a 'usually very reliable source'.

Does anyone know if the concrete poles are going to be replaced with the more elegant St. Lawrence poles + lamps? Also, why is the Church St sidewalk just bare concrete and why aren't there any trees on The Esplanade?

Those manholes are practically begging to be dug up by hydro

Yes it's a little frustrating watching them make an effort to build an attractive public realm only to be sabotaged by public works. I doubt public works ever consider how their decisions effect the public realm or what constitutes 'attractive', for that matter.

Back