Does anyone know if the concrete poles are going to be replaced with the more elegant St. Lawrence poles + lamps? Also, why is the Church St sidewalk just bare concrete and why aren't there any trees on The Esplanade?
Replacing concrete poles with "Victorian ones is 'possible' (of course) but probably not unless someone (the BIA) pays for them. THSL won't and the developer was not forced to do so via the site plan. I doubt the Church Street sidewalk will be changed, again it might have been in site plan for Developer to do but wasn't. I am pretty sure the reason there are no trees on The Esplanade side is because the garage extends to the property line (which is very close to the edge of the sidewalk) so there would be no room. I agree that the area looks a bit sparse but assume we will get a patio sooner or later.

Last edited:
They will fight anything. Despite living in 10 storey buildings across the board, the community is still against any further development.

They will fight anything. Despite living in 10 storey buildings across the board, the community is still against any further development.
That is really not true; yes, some residents are against any development (at least near them) but the St Lawrence Neighbourhood Assn has a long record of working WITH developers and the City and has been fairly successful in having projects improved.

Any chance the glass has been installed on the canopy yet? Other public realm finishes… finished? If yes and someone can get pics, this will be added to the 2021 best buildings poll. If not, it'll be held until 2022.

What's the deadline? I doubt I'll be out walking tomorrow, but probably Thursday or Friday I could go by.

It looks like they are ready for the canopy glass and some soffit cladding.
Edit typo
A157CB02-5643-402C-B92D-9DF8A76DAC7F.jpeg

2DA00276-D6DA-4595-9C7B-93554E662A9C.jpeg

2850FE3F-E6A4-47F8-84AA-83A42DCBBB9B.jpeg

209EC0B5-4B61-4E04-ABC6-BE0AC56684ED.jpeg

EF1A8C55-8A18-4E14-AC5C-9F448498FBDC.jpeg

940382CE-6CCE-47C6-9B44-DD4C2460FFD6.jpeg

3248255E-8599-42C6-80D1-7D23E959FA47.jpeg

Last edited:
The deadline is next Monday! Thanks!!

Sorry, I was busy with work until Friday, then toddler stuff since then. But I walked by today (no pictures, since I was with my wife and the toddler, and rushing to the Nutcracker thing) and there's no glass. There's also a bunch of cladding missing around the ground level (as you can see in Mburr's photos), so I wouldn't say it's very near completion right now.

Sorry, I was busy with work until Friday, then toddler stuff since then. But I walked by today (no pictures, since I was with my wife and the toddler, and rushing to the Nutcracker thing) and there's no glass. There's also a bunch of cladding missing around the ground level (as you can see in Mburr's photos), so I wouldn't say it's very near completion right now.
People appear to be moving in.

Back