Interesting. Seems unlikely that someone would make that up. Great news if true. Now, why is the city dragging its heels on issuing the permit?

1000002284.png

Someone on there said they are doing interior demolition and removing material through the King Street tunnel. Is that true? I haven't seen any activity to support that.

The King Street Tunnel? That doesn’t make any sense. As far as I know there isn’t a tunnel between Jackson Square and Hamilton Place/AGH. Anyway, even if there was, it’d mean moving debris through the separate Jackson Square property.

The King Street Tunnel? That doesn’t make any sense. As far as I know there isn’t a tunnel between Jackson Square and Hamilton Place/AGH. Anyway, even if there was, it’d mean moving debris through the separate Jackson Square property.
Actually there is. Entrance is on York Blvd, exit is on Main Street by the bus terminal.

I wish they would hurry with the demo permit, I'd much rather see an empty construction pit and hoarding then this eye sore all tagged up sitting vacant. I also second them taking cues from The Well would be amazing to have our own version.

This looks like it's stalled... sigh. Well IN8 I hope you sell to someone else with deeper pockets https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/city-centre-update-1.7056869

When Hamilton's City Centre was shuttered nearly a year ago, the developer said demolition would begin within weeks to make way for an "epic" four-tower condominium project.

But 12 months later, the boarded-up mall and its signature clock tower remain standing.

IN8 Developments has paused the project, and demolition, until the real estate market improves, company president Darryl Firsten told CBC Hamilton this week.

"We don't want to leave a hole in the ground," he said.

I would much rather have a hole in the ground than this eyesore.

Sounds like bs from IN8, this project was always way to ambitious for them. Now Hamilton downtown is stuck with this boarded up drug den for 10+ years.
Just sell this site to Emblem at least they are competent developers.

Of course turn the high price of condos into affordable and market rate housing. This will free up the Homeless people off the streets, low income families and of course sell it to Cityhousing Hamilton and Indwell.

The condo market is dead right now - it's not a sign of IN8 or anything. Nobody can move condo product right now.

Emblem put off their third tower launch at Design District as well.

The few launches which have happened lately have seen lackluster responses. Regardless of who the developer is, there simply isn't anyone interested in buying real estate right now. The housing market is in its deepest sales slump in 25 years.

IN8 is just waiting for the pre-construction market to return. Given that it looks like interest rates are going to start falling again in the spring, it may not have to be that long.

Back