So that flagship McDonalds location is part of this project now?

I guess that did not last for very long.

the plans show it returning upon completion, and retaining more or less it's existing 2 storey space.

I imagine it'll be a similar deal with McDonalds as seen across from the ROM.

8 Elm.JPG

Attachments

• 8 Elm.JPG
    8 Elm.JPG
    120.9 KB · Views: 1,104
This isn't going to happen, not at this height anyway.

This would set a precedent for FSI here that the City won't want. The City is accepting an FSI of 25 across the street at YSL, these guys want 31.4. Meanwhile, these guys are planning 5 elevators for 727 units? Typically developers plan on 1 elevator per 100 units. 1 per 145? Hold would you like those wait times? I assume the 84 storey version is the opening gambit, and that they're actually expecting approval at substantially fewer floors, maybe around where they'd end up with around 500 units, maybe 600 if some floor space were given over to another elevator shaft.

Last edited:
I really think it's about time we start being critical on design merits including materials other than just glass as opposed to Height excitement
We are getting too many ugly tall buildings that will eventually take away the beauty of our skyline

Reactions: syn
Let's see a building that makes some sense internally, dammit, and isn't looking to replicate density conditions from the financial core at Yonge and Elm. Building approvals cannot be all about height fetishism.

the new design is decent, I liked the original design. it was slim and minimalist- had a NYC vibe to it.

Back