Pemberton bought 354 Yonge last month according to Realnet - could see some movement here soon.

What about 350 Yonge and 2 Elm?

upload_2018-8-2_10-2-12.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-8-2_10-2-12.png
    upload_2018-8-2_10-2-12.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 622
The Zoning Bylaw Amendment application was amended to reflect the acquisition of 348-354 Yonge and 356 Yonge, which according to new materials posted this week, "provides an opportunity to revitalize the streetscape along Yonge Street."

An offer to settle was submitted along with the formal amendment in May. Here are highlights of what was included:
  • New ground floor setback of 2.9 metres from the east property line on Yonge, allowing for an expanded 6-metre sidewalk for the entire length of the site.
  • Revised podium; steps back 3.8 metres at the 5th storey and 3 metres at the 6th and 7th.
  • Tower is set back 10 metres from the property line to "maintain the low-rise character of Yonge."
  • Tower setback from the north increased from 5 to 10 metres, giving a 22.5-metre separation distance between the site and Chelsea Green at 33 Gerrard West.
  • West tower setback now at 4.85 metres from 0.
  • Height is 84 storeys and 247.5 metres (excluding the mechanical penthouse; project data sheet gives a full height of 260 metres).
  • 1,202 square metres of office space housed in the podium to meet the City's 100% office replacement policy (which has been appealed).
  • 38 parking spaces.
  • 727 condo units, 73 to be three-bedroom units.

8Elm1.jpg
8Elm3.jpg
8Elm2.jpg

8Elm.jpg

http://app.toronto.ca/DevelopmentAp...icationsList.do?action=init&folderRsn=3990108

Just waiting for the LPAT or CanLII site to be updated with the decision...which will take a while.

Attachments

• 8Elm.jpg
    8Elm.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 537
  • 8Elm1.jpg
    8Elm1.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 907
  • 8Elm2.jpg
    8Elm2.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 557
  • 8Elm3.jpg
    8Elm3.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 584
I remember loading/servicing was a big concern with the first proposal; anything in here on that?

also, 727 units serviced with 5 elevators? really?

The site works a lot, lot better now in general. Loading works with a turntable and doesn't damage the heritage facade.

Plus a bit of cleaning up Yonge. That's a win.

Also: Trees on Yonge Street!

Last edited:
That looks really nice! It kind of reminds me of the new Wanda Vista tower in Chicago.

That looks really nice! It kind of reminds me of the new Wanda Vista tower in Chicago.

I see that as well! I'd love to see an actual render of the building in the context of the neighbourhood, but that won't be out for a while I'm assuming (and that's even if the LPAT approves it).

Marcanadian - do you know if a similar settlement was made for the Chelsea Green proposal?

Sadly I don't think this will be at the Studio Gang level of quality but I'm ready to be proven wrong!

I see that as well! I'd love to see an actual render of the building in the context of the neighbourhood, but that won't be out for a while I'm assuming (and that's even if the LPAT approves it).

Marcanadian - do you know if a similar settlement was made for the Chelsea Green proposal?

I haven't seen any new documents or decisions posted yet for that one, but I believe it was considered at the same hearing, so once something goes up on CanLII for this, that one should presumably follow suit.

This is a more reasonable proposal (though imo still asking for too much). Great gains for the city in terms of public space, restoration of heritage and the office space replacement in the podium.

Back