March 13, 2024

IMG_20240313_151318090_HDR.jpg

Whole new skyline here

IMG_20240313_161447206_HDR.jpg

Cladding on the north and south elevations has progressed far enough that I can finally state that this subjectively looks like total shit and is one of the top five most disappointing project executions of the last decade. Inflammatory take, I know. Obviously the podium is strong, but it just makes the tower look even worse, like the nightmare you’d have after eating an entire tube of toothpaste.

Cladding on the north and south elevations has progressed far enough that I can finally state that this subjectively looks much better than I expected.. Obviously the podium is one of the best seen in the last decade.

I'm going to celebrate with a cone. 🍦

hyverbole.png

Merriam-Webster

Cladding on the north and south elevations has progressed far enough that I can finally state that this subjectively looks like total shit and is one of the top five most disappointing project executions of the last decade. Inflammatory take, I know. Obviously the podium is strong, but it just makes the tower look even worse, like the nightmare you’d have after eating an entire tube of toothpaste.
There's no excuse for the bizarre choice of mint-green spandrels on the east and west sides, but the fins (only about halfway done) on the north and south sides give the tower a modernist vibe, especially on bright and sunny days when the toothpaste-coloured spandrels can 'pass for white'.

Back