The up-close pictures of these buildings are really cool - looks like the building is going to topple over!

I was wondering how will the condo board feel about people loitering on the property. Usually with condos, if you don't live there (or visiting a resident) you don't belong there. I do think that some tourists will visit the building thinking there is an attraction or observation deck in the building, only to be turned away at the door.

Hi All,

Just wanted to give a quick update on construction to clear up any confusion - when completed, the glass surrounding the mechanical penthouse will be the same color as the rest of the building, what everyone is seeing now is work in progress.

Thanks!

20110705018.jpg

Notwithstanding Cityzen's earlier post, juding by Jasonzed's new photo of the finished walkway and walls at the base of the tower, it looks like the pale blue spandrel may be how the finished product would look (possible implications on the mechanical penthouse) ? Just a fear of mine that the bottle caps may be here to stay ??

The 'bottlecap' tops are much less prominent when looking at the buildings in person... in fact I never even notice them until I look at pictures in this thread.

I never missed that post, but I find it just as hard to believe now as I did then.

Look at the base cladding in Jasonzed's recent photos and look closely at the panels on the mechanical penthouse. Not only do they appear to be the same but they seem fairly permanent. Otherwise it would be an awful expense to clad the top with panels that were only temporary. Why not just wait until the real ones were ready?

Or perhaps they are going to glaze over these top panels in the same glass as the rest of the building, mimicking the look of windows with the shades drawn.

Last edited:
The cladding on the base is not even done yet! Take a look at the photos that JasonZed posted by his friend Bashir: on tower E you see the same light blue cladding on the side of the building mixed with the grey cladding. These buildings have two types of cladding: grey and the bluish-grey. The light blue cladding, which is predominantly on the mechanical penthouses is temporary. The grey patch which was mistaken for a exhaust vent is more than likely the colour the mechanical penthouse will be.

Hey Jason, congrats on getting your (amazing as usual) photos published!

Might the light blue colour simply be the result of some protective cover placed over the grey panels while they were being transported and installed?

Last edited:
Hey Jason, congrats on getting your (amazing as usual) photos published!

i agree! congrats!!!!....

The more i look at it, the more i appreciate Absolute world.... These things are really really impressive from an engineering/architectural POV. I think it's just the location/area that hides it all. this thing is completely dubai/china-esque in wow factor. Most people wouldn't expect to find something like this in Mississauga. incredible.

Thx. Here is another website that posted a different set of pictures from late June; high volume website.

http://www.archdaily.com/146381/update-absolute-towers-mad-architects/

If it helps promote Mississauga, Toronto and the GTA in general I'm all for it:) They got the city wrong but that's OK.

So Absolute was relocated to the Toronto City Hall location.. I don't remember seeing this happen but what will we do with our City Hall??

(For those who don't know what I'm talking about, click the link and look at the map of its "location".

So Absolute was relocated to the Toronto City Hall location.. I don't remember seeing this happen but what will we do with our City Hall??

(For those who don't know what I'm talking about, click the link and look at the map of its "location".

one word: EPIC!.... FAYUL!

Back